DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a 2019 Ram. Either the Laramie or Rebel. I did have a 2009 Laramie with all the options and loved it. I've always loved the Rebel since it came out but when I compare the 2 I'm really just picking it for looks over the Laramie. I go off-road 1 -2 times a year camping, use the bed for home projects and commute 50 miles a day highway driving (nothing the Laramie can't handle). Is it a stupid decision to buy the Rebel over the Laramie just for looks?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,647 Posts
Is it a stupid decision to buy the Rebel over the Laramie just for looks?
If both will meet your needs equally well on a practical level, then I don't think picking the one that you find the most visually attractive to be "stupid" at all.

Did you really first register here in Dec of 2013, and this is your first post?
A belated welcome, then!
Enjoy the forum.
(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If both will meet your needs equally well on a practical level, then I don't think picking the one that you find the most visually attractive to be "stupid" at all.

Did you really first register here in Dec of 2013, and this is your first post?
A belated welcome, then!
Enjoy the forum.
(y)

Wow, I guess I did. Must have one I bought my truck and just browsed. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4
122 Posts
I wouldn’t consider it stupid but keep in mind, if you prefer a smooth ride over off-road capability then you might want to just stick with another Laramie because being that the Rebel is pretty much an off-road ready pickup, it comes from the factory with 10-ply off-road tires and an extra inch of ground clearance. It’s kind of like the half-ton version of the Power Wagon but without the winch, front/rear lockers and sway bar disconnects.

Also there’s no option for the Auto-4x4 transfer case and the active grille shutters up front on the radiator if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,719 Posts
In the end, it's your choice & your money. Do what makes you happy & what makes you comfortable. Welcome back to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. How would you say the 2019 and new Rebels ride compared to a 2009 Laramie? Same or better? If better than would make my decision easy lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts