DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2005 Dodge Ram slt with a 4.7 magnum in it then 1 month 1 week after owning it it dropped a valve seat just to test my patience. Now that I have the heads torn off the motor I was looking at airram.com's rebuild kit with Pistons. I was wondering what kind of gains I would get out of upping the compression to the 10:1 Pistons? Also I think I was reading somewhere that I can use the 08 heads which are better? Do they actually fit or should I save up the loot and get the economy heads airram offers? Also I see vids of Rams with 206 208 and 212 cams but I can't find cams annyywhere?? Where are they getting these?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't know about the heads but I've heard that the 08 intake manifold will fit on the 03-06. If you are doing the heads make sure you update the cam chains and tensioners. I ended up just getting a refurbished long block from S and J engines. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Complete long block with new pistons/ rings, heads with upgraded/ improved tensioners and chains, ready to install for $2500 from S and J. On their web site you can watch videos of how they refurbish the engine, very nice stuff there. They even have a special machine that pre-runs the block and checks for oil pressure and flow, compression and any cracks and leaks including any gasket leaks. Mine started first try and has run flawlessly , except for various electrical things,( TPS and 02 sensors).
www.sandjengines.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts