DODGE RAM FORUM banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Posting to be able to DM @ramcares about replacing the drag link.
New to the forum and have a 2014 ram 2500. My truck has the recall done and my steering is off. It’s driving me crazy. I can’t send @ramcares a pm since I’m new. Can you guys send me a message? How can I aquire the new updated drag link?
Really just commented so it would let me message ramcares because I just joined the forum but thanks for the insight smarty pants
Hey everyone,
We've followed up in PM to assist further!

Sarah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello @ramcares like many of the posts above I'm having the same issue dealing back and forth with the dealer not being able to get my truck aligned. The dealer is trying to charge me to break the welds to align it and weld it back, no other shops are willing to align it with the welds. If you can please help me out I'd really appreciate it

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hello @ramcares like many of the posts above I'm having the same issue dealing back and forth with the dealer not being able to get my truck aligned. The dealer is trying to charge me to break the welds to align it and weld it back, no other shops are willing to align it with the welds. If you can please help me out I'd really appreciate it
Hey there,

We'd really love to assist you. Please send us a direct message so that we can dig into this with you.

Callie
Ram Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm another RAM owner who has discovered this problem with not being able to get my truck realigned. I have an open case with Chrysler. What I want to know is, other than getting the new part put on and the realignment done, has Chrysler agreed to replace tires, check out and/or repair any damage to suspension, or offer to compensate owners for not being able to use their vehicle while waiting for parts to come? It seems like this is a problem of Chrysler's own making. I'm especially frustrated that there has been no notification that the new part even exists. I had to see poor alignment wear on my front tires to learn all about the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I won’t be able to DM ram cares but when they respond I am another victim of this recall. I am returning from deployment soon so I would like to get this set up so I can get alignments in the future and not have messed up worn tires. Thank you

·
Registered
2500 Laramie Longhorn Mega
2 Posts
I am yet another Drag Link welded nut victim. I created a case number with Chrysler (FCA Customer care) and my dealership is well aware of the V06 issue and the fix. No one from FCA Customer care will contact me after a week of my following up looking for assistance. I have gone through a complete set of BFG All Terrains in about 1/2 the normal mileage I expected. Hoping @ramcares can provide guidance. Truck is constantly pulling right and getting worse.

·
Registered
2500 Laramie Longhorn Mega
2 Posts
I am yet another Drag Link welded nut victim. I created a case number with Chrysler (FCA Customer care) and my dealership is well aware of the V06 issue and the fix. No one from FCA Customer care will contact me after a week of my following up looking for assistance. I have gone through a complete set of BFG All Terrains in about 1/2 the normal mileage I expected. Hoping @ramcares can provide guidance. Truck is constantly pulling right and getting worse.
Chrysler V06 recall case manager got back to me. New Drag Link being shipped to my local dealership for installation. Fingers crossed. Now off to price new tires to replaced ruined set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello @ramcares

I am new to the forum, so I am unable to send a Private Message.

I recently purchased a 2015 RAM 2500 from a family friend, and it appears the truck is a victim of this V06 Drag Link welded nut issue. They said they could not keep the truck from eating tires and had no idea why it was eating them.

After I purchased the truck, I put new tires on (the front right was basically a racing slick). I then scheduled an alignment as the truck pulled left like crazy with the bad tires, and with the new ones, the truck pulls to the right (so I figured it had to be an alignment issue). After going in for the alignment, the tech said they could essentially not really do an alignment due to the bolts being welded (I had no clue what he was talking about).

After hearing that, I began searching the web to figure out what exactly was going on, and finally came across this thread (and a couple others) on this forum.

Would it be possible to get me onto the list, to get the Drag Link replacement for the V06 Recall?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hello @ramcares

I am new to the forum, so I am unable to send a Private Message.

I recently purchased a 2015 RAM 2500 from a family friend, and it appears the truck is a victim of this V06 Drag Link welded nut issue. They said they could not keep the truck from eating tires and had no idea why it was eating them.

After I purchased the truck, I put new tires on (the front right was basically a racing slick). I then scheduled an alignment as the truck pulled left like crazy with the bad tires, and with the new ones, the truck pulls to the right (so I figured it had to be an alignment issue). After going in for the alignment, the tech said they could essentially not really do an alignment due to the bolts being welded (I had no clue what he was talking about).

After hearing that, I began searching the web to figure out what exactly was going on, and finally came across this thread (and a couple others) on this forum.

Would it be possible to get me onto the list, to get the Drag Link replacement for the V06 Recall?
Hey there!

We've sent you a DM to help you get started! We look forward to assisting you!

Callie
Ram Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this thread in the wrong forum? I thought the drag link weld issue only applied to 2500s and 3500s, and I thought "LD" forums were just 1500s. Is that not right?
Hi, looks like I just ended up in the wrong forum, trying to get ahold of them. I just saw some other people posting about it so I went ahead and posted as well (did not think to look at what specific forum I was in). My bad.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts