DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was averaging 15.5+mpg. Latley I've been getting 13 to 14's. My driving style has not changed. It has been colder here though. I dont really let my truck idle any more. It has 54k on it. I havent done the plugs yet. I also haven't check my tire psi. What has changed and since i've seen the decrease is I went from a straight pipe to a magnaflow straight through muffler. Could this be the cause. It didn't take start decreasing right away though. My main suspicion is either my tire pressure and my spark plugs. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Could be due to the winter blend of gas. In the summer my average is better.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be due to the winter blend of gas. In the summer my average is better.
i didnt know that they had a winter gas. I knew they had a winter diesel. Is the winter 91 still as safe to run my SC on 91 tune?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
54,00 the truck has for mileage.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Highway mileage or around town mileage? Another factor is your engine doesn't reach its optimal running temperature as quickly in the cold weather.

·
Registered
292 Posts
def winter gas. as far as SC, i still run my 91 tune on 93 gas and havent noticed any difference. it still chirps tires when i want and i dont here anything odd in the engine or feel any lag. my mileage around town is around 7 and 15 on the highway. but as far as the spark plugs go if you have never changed them i would def do that soon. ngk 5306 and stock size wires from bvd. there are 16 so make sure you have a few hours to tackle the job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts