DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012, need recommendations on San Diego area dealerships with positive feedback. I want to make sure I'm not dealing with the manifold bolt issues. This will be under warranty as I purchased it from Carmax and go the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. I live in La Mesa.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
Talk to Service Writer Dave or Shaun at Carl Burger Dodge
Tell either one that, Tom with the Orange Ram recommended them

Chances are that it is the manifold bolts that are broken, if the noise continues as you drive

The actual HEMI Tick only lasts for less then a minute & only happens during the start up after sitting for several hours.
Using full synthetic motor oil cuts down on the amount of time that you hear the tick after that start up

====================================================

If you know someone that is looking to Factory Order a new Ram
They would want to talk to a salesman in the Jeep building
He goes by the name of Gibson, Fleet / Internet Sales Consultant
( he does not run to or call anyone else at the dealership to get answers to questions, he calls someone at RAM directly )

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
You might check to see if a dealership is covered under the Carmax warranty

I just read a little bit on their warranties & it reads something about certified RepairPal® facilities.

The certified RepairPal® facilities around this area are listed

https://repairpal.com/repair-shops/auto-repair-in-la-mesa-california

One of the shops listed is on Main Street in El Cajon
i have not used them, but my neighbors like their work

https://repairpal.com/repair-shops/auto-repair-in-el-cajon-california/precision-tune-auto-care-230-07

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The “hemi tick” stops after about 35 seconds...reason I was being anal about it was while waiting for a valet to bring my vehicle around where it’s one of those situations where your 30 feet from your vehicle but you still have to wait. It sounded loud from afar and stopped after a minute.
Probably false alarm but I’m a whore for maximizing warranty issues...nothing to report...please move along....unless anyone has a get it fixed under warranty must have. I negotiated the deal where it’s a $250 deductible per incident and already it’s paying me back....upper control arms replaced on both sides...$250.00. Thanks very much carmax warranty

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Preston’s tire and Automotive La Mesa took care of my leveling kit install...purchase parts online and they hooked it up

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
One of my old friends used Preston’s tire and Automotive for almost every thing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What tires are you running? Carmax hooked me up with four free tires after I bitched a bit. Nexgen tires...for free.
I’d love to put hakook dynapro ATM on the truck, but will wear these ones out first

1 - 10 of 10 Posts