DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not happy with the way the surface of the truck responds to water/washing- thinking I need to wax it.

Yes / No? wax to use?

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's a Pandora's Box of opinions that you are opening. ;)

You will get everything from mild to wild. I used to be a fanatic in my younger years and would spend an entire day every weekend obsessing over the exterior of my vehicle. While my 6-year-old truck looked brand new when I traded it in, I had invested 1000's of man-hours into it's appearance. While I still want a nice looking truck, time for that has fallen down the list over the years below wife, kids, family, work, and house.

Rather than offer my singular opinion based on my time and budget, here is a lot of info to peruse to gather ideas:

·
Registered
1982 ram 150 505 big block and T-56 tremec with a Dana 60 with posi
41 Posts
Turtle wax and some autozone ceramic coating🤟

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a Pandora's Box of opinions that you are opening. ;)

You will get everything from mild to wild. I used to be a fanatic in my younger years and would spend an entire day every weekend obsessing over the exterior of my vehicle. While my 6-year-old truck looked brand new when I traded it in, I had invested 1000's of man-hours into it's appearance. While I still want a nice looking truck, time for that has fallen down the list over the years below wife, kids, family, work, and house.

Rather than offer my singular opinion based on my time and budget, here is a lot of info to peruse to gather ideas:

interesting,although a little old, doubt much has changed though
picked up on the "Clay Bar" info - that sounds like what I need- what I noticed after washing is that the towel "drags" as I dry off the hood. It just doesn't seem smooth/slick like I would expect

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
273 Posts
Not happy with the way the surface of the truck responds to water/washing- thinking I need to wax it.

Yes / No? wax to use?
Turtle wax ice...here in the desert it seems to work better than most others. Aaaaand it's spray on! Lol. Other than that... Mequires makes a thick liquid carnuba in a black bottle. Just DO NOT get the "ultimate liquid wax" (also in black bottle). It won't protect for $h!t (my poor Charger RT found that out the hard way)....lots of trial and error on my part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts