DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went over 100 on my 2010. Have kept up with plugs and oil changes and done a few repairs. Replaced the front calipers for hanging and swapped out some broke exhaust studs and serviced the A/C. Otherwise not much has been done. The only issue I have is when coasting and it downshifts at the 45 mph mark it is starting to be abrupt. Otherwise the truck has operated very well.

I just bought the better half a new car so I have to hang on to this a few years longer.

What should I be looking at for preventative maintenance? I have never touched the drive line or the engine except as noted above. Are there things I should do now?

2010 4 x 4 5.7L

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Check the shocks and u joints, make sure the CV boots aren't torn. I like to change my trans fluid every 60k miles and do the diffs every 30k-transfer case at 50k

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I picked up a big load (over 1,000 lbs) the other day and had to go a couple hundred miles and realized that the shocks were about done! Not real noticeable when she is empty. They will be going on the list.

Last year I talked to the dealer about the transmission service and they said there is not scheduled interval for fluid change which I found really weird. I think I will be taking it to an independent to have that done and check out the downshift issue.

I have done a cursory of the Drive shaft and the CV but will do a more thorough inspection

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The six speeds have a 120,000 mile interval, or 60,000 miles for severe service. Its plain as day in the manual

1 - 5 of 5 Posts