DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a few pic's of the Recon cab lights I just installed on my truck. It wasnt to difficult since the kit came with a good set of instalition notes.

Taking everything apart.

Measurement for drilling the holes to mount the lights.

All the light measurements.

This is the last measurement I did before I drilled the 15 holes in the roof.

This is once I Had the lights all hooked up.

This is the 1st test of the light's.

The lighting in the background was bad but this is the lights all finished.

·
Registered
230 Posts
They look good, I installed a roof light kit but from LMC on my 01, I also thought the install wasnt too difficult.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Thanks for the pictures! They came out great.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
That's awesome man! I've been wanting to do this forever, but don't have the heart to drill holes in my roof.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,579 Posts
Those look great, nice job on that! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
20 Posts
those look sweet. i was thinking of doing that but worryed about them leaking. anyone have a problem with that or if done right does it seal good.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I was pretty worried about drilling the holes as well, think I re-measured about 6 times before I finally talked myself into drilling, lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
The 1500s also already have the holes on the inner roof so you can know exactly where the stock location is on a factory installed set.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i looked on the inside of my roof and my truck did not have any markings for light, in fact the front set of holes that I had to drill were covered by a support beam. So you would not be able to drill by looking inside.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The inside of my roof looked like this and these holes are what I used as my guide to install my roof lights. I guess dodge used different inner roof skin from the 1500s to the 2500/3500's on your year or gen 3's in general.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, mine is different. ill try to get a pic of mine to show, that would have been nice though.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Wow thanks man! I have been looking at getting those for my truck as well but I was unsure about the instructions. It seems like it would be pretty straight forward.

They look damn good on your truck!

Hey can you change the color of the LEDs to white???? That would definitely be something I would want to do

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the reply. I think you can change the color. I noticed on mine that when you flip the light over to the wire side there is a thin waterproof layer that you can remove. You will juswt have to re-seal it again. I dont really care for the amber color myself so I may be looking around the next few weeks to see about the color change for you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts