DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recon tails and 3rd brake light installed this weekend. Appreciate your opinions for or against. I'm impartial at this point.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I had a set of them in my last truck and was considering the red LED version for this truck since I don't have any black going on, I can't paint them, and the chrome ones are ricey. I personally don't have an issue with the black housing, it's a different take on the blacked out tail light look without losing light. I'd say if you wanted to take it a step further open them up and paint that red reflector as well. But over all I personally like them.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would tint the tails to match the 3rd brake light, other than that I love mine also and looks good on your truck

·
Registered
41 Posts
NICE!

I want to get some for my '11 Express. Are those the smoked ones? All the pics I find of those look like the chrome ones with a smoked lens. They look great on your truck!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NICE!

I want to get some for my '11 Express. Are those the smoked ones? All the pics I find of those look like the chrome ones with a smoked lens. They look great on your truck!
These are the smoked ones. The third brake light is pretty dark compared to the tails, but that's the way they come. On black it looks fine, but it might be more noticeable on another color.

I've heard that there is another company that sells lights that look just like the recons for a lot less. They're all made in China so I guess it doesn't matter. I think the brand was spyder or something like that.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I agree with Blue (as usual).. The chrome would be the "rice" look as long as you stay black I think it looks nice !

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,226 Posts
I think they would look better tinted, but then it would kinda defeat the purpose of spending all that money for the recons hahaha.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
they are sweet and defently not rice......i have the same swe up on mine and get complemented on them all the time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts