DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started a new project with accent lighting. I am adding all kinds of red accent lights in side and outside.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mounted relays under the hood and powered the relays from the battery, then ran the power under the truck and then up through the front of the bed all the wires are hidden behind the bed cover canister. All red lights are controlled by a single switch mounted in the dash, next i am adding under trucka nd grill lights also powered from the relays.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I like the LED on overhead console idea !

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
cool project! something about red lights are awesome!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i like the over head light where did you get the bulb from? and what size is it?
I really couldnt tell ya, I just had it lying around from some project years ago. All i know is that it already had a small diode attached to it. it just happened to fit in the same spot as the green one did, kind of.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
You can use 3 or 5mm prewires LEDs to change the LED up there. I have a blue one in mine as well.

Lighting looks awesome man! LED accent lights get addicting.... start seeking helping now! lol

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh i know, I already have relays mounted for future lights. most of the hard work is done now. When i find more lights all i have to do is mount and wire 1 hot and a ground thats it. I am looking at doing underbody lights and lights behind the grille. I am putting together an whole theme idea now. I hope to get it all going real soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Suggestion you should tackle the idea of changing all your backlighting for your instrument panels to red LEDs, I just finished changing mine over and looks 100% better than that gross green.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Any pics of this? Would love to know what LED's you ended up using!

Suggestion you should tackle the idea of changing all your backlighting for your instrument panels to red LEDs, I just finished changing mine over and looks 100% better than that gross green.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yea I'll start up a thread here soon as soon as I get the dash back together, and I actually stole the idea from Ironsides thread interior backlighting, as for the LEDs they were tiny ass things

1 - 14 of 14 Posts