DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im putting a 2.5 leveling kit on my 2007 ram. most tire places are suggesting 33's but i was wanting 35's. do 33's look to small after leveling? i dont want to regret getting to small of tires and rims. going to get after market rims also.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i went with 35s and actually wish i went with 33s on a big offset 20x10 now. 35s touch top of fender when the suspension flexes, also throws off the speedo, and cuts fuel milage and power.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
After doing the level and buying 33's I kinda wish I would have got 35's. I am tossing the idea around of getting 35's with 18" wheels in black and using the 33's and stockers for the winters... I think with 20's espcially chrome 20's, 35's would look stuffed... but thats just me

·
Registered
104 Posts
Somewhere on a dodge forum a guy put pics of his truck with 35" tires and 20x10 wheels. there wasn't enough clearance. I chose 33" tires because I am also running 20x10 with -12mm offset. My truck has the factory runningboard/fender flare setup. So I actually have 2" less in my wheel wells than most trucks. 33's leave me 1" of space from tire to fender flare.

It kind of looks like the guys truck who put the 35" tires on his truck but his tires hit when he turned even a little.

I have a 2" leveling kit on my 06. The tires are Rocky Mountain ATS 305/55/20's. Love the look of them. I'll get a pic posted soon when the weather here in Michigan clears up so I can get it washed for the pics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i would use 20x9 after market rim with a + offset, maybe 18. with 35x12.5x20 tires. with a 2.5 leveling kit. wish i could see a picture first tho

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
well i would use 20x9 after market rim with a + offset, maybe 18. with 35x12.5x20 tires. with a 2.5 leveling kit. wish i could see a picture first tho
heres some clearance with my 33's and stock rim...

I have about 3/8" maybe 1/2" of clearance between the tire and upper control arm

·
Registered
34 Posts

I am running 35x12.50x20 on mine with a leveling kit. I don't have any rubbing when the front tires are cranked. I have been off-road a few times with it and haven't had problems with the tires when the suspension is flexed. Did lose the gas mileage I had before though that has been the only down side.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am sticking with 33's. It keeps my gear ratio in check and I can fit a full sized spare in the stock location. If you off-road at all, a full sized spare is a must and a 35" won't fit back there. So, you would have to wag it around in the bed.

Plus, it looks fine to me with my 2.5" / 1.75" kit and I haven't 'needed' the 35's yet.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
33's

·
Registered
110 Posts

I've got the Bilsteins set to 2.8 (max) and LT275/65/R20's. According to the tire size calculator, that's equivalent to a 34" tire. No rubbing issues at all but have not done any serious off roading, yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts