DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the regular cab on my 'new to me' 1997 Ram 1500. The bench seat forward and back adjustment is inoperable. I am looking at the truck recyclers to find a swap. Mine is a solid seat ab
Nd the only seats I have found (by telephone) are 60/40's.

Without driving an hour +...does anyone know if a 60/40 will work as a direct swap??

Any assist appreciated.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
I don't have the answer for ya! Hope you can find it! You could ask a dealer if they would work...just don't pay dealer prices :)

Anyone else that can help?

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
I've been working in recycling yards for years.

I can't say that I remember ever seeing an actual 60/40 in a Ram pickup.

However, the Bench seat will interchange with the center console interchange, more of a 33/33/33. Usually the 60/40 center moves with the driver's seat and the passenger's seat is separate.

It may be just a regional thing like bed vs. box, or soda vs. pop. But if the 33/33/33 is an accurate description, then yes because the floor pan is the same and the bolt pattern is the same. The only concern is the type of seat. High-back, or low-back bucket. Mid-year through the '97 the seat/shoulder belts switched from the pillar mount to the seat mount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been working in recycling yards for years.

I can't say that I remember ever seeing an actual 60/40 in a Ram pickup.

However, the Bench seat will interchange with the center console interchange, more of a 33/33/33.

Thanks Warlock! I don't think I have ever seen the center console seat...does anyone have this setup and is willing to post a photo??

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
They make all the cabs the same, all the 2 door cabs have the different options, they just punch out or drill each cab for the requested option
If the holes don't line up, use a rubber grommet in the holes & punch out or drill what you want, the markings on the cabs are all there. Whether it has the bench, 60/40, buckets, or what ever, every cab is the same, as long as it is the same model & year series. Whether it is a 1500, 2500, or 3500 model

In different terms, every 2 door cab is the same, until you get up to the 4500 model & even they may use the same cab

1 - 6 of 6 Posts