DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ok, another MPG thread. But I searched google and the forum and couldn't find what I was looking for. So...

I was looking at the Ram Trucks website and noticed that when you view the specs, the regular cab express is listed as 13/18 for MPG but the quad is listed as 13/19 (keep in mind this is 4x4). This seems odd to me because the quad cab weighs about 300 lbs more than the regular cab.

So then any real world comparisons out there? I figured the regular cab MIGHT do a little better because of the weight, but I guess not according to Ram.

·
Registered
15,700 Posts
i constantly post higher mpgs than others are getting in my rcsb 4x4 sport and am told bs. some might have to do with gearing, but if all is the same, the extra wt. vs the two will decrease not add mpg.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
you would think just looking at them the rc/sb should get better but as stated it could be due to gearing, also 300 pounds difference in only 1:17th of the weight of a quad cab, which is like less than 0.5 mpg if you compare the weight to mpg... so add different gearing in there and the number is pretty easily in favour of the quad cab... interesting though as I had never looked at it like that until reading this and always figured the reg cab would be better, then again I have never looked at a reg cab on the website as it would never work for me anyways

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would also guess the additional length of the cab aids in aerodynamics a little as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts