DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on best/most reliable source for obtaining a replacement 5.7L Hemi Long Block for 2008 RAM 1500?

Thank you,

- N

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Don't know where you are located but I would look around for a rebuild shop locally. I had a 4.0 Jeep engine rebuilt at a place that that is all they did was rebuild engines, no repair/troubleshooting, just rebuilding them. 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I'm not sure if it can be rebuilt or not... The timing chain broke on it. Now, with 219K on the truck I'm weighing changing the engine and whatever might possibly ready to break or spend a boatload on a newer truck.

I just don't know...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced mine.

I replaced my engine through PowertrainProducts.net. They are an excellent company, shipped my engine to me in 1 day, 1500 miles. The reason why i say they are an excellent company is because they completely rebuild the engine and fix OEM f#$% ups, like closing the gap on the timing chain cover, drilling oil back holes in the valves to promote proper oiling through the heads, and best of all, 5 year unlimited mile warranty, and for $350 extra you can buy a 4 year unlimited mile no fault warranty, and i recommend you do, it saved my ass. That second warranty adds onto the 5 year one, giving you 9 years total of warrant, all unlimited miles... $3200 for the engine, gotta ship them your old one for the core, or pay a core charge

Best of luck,

Abbot

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
ncoppola , what county & state do you live in
some members may know of a good rebuilder near you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts