DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching around it looks like an issue with remote locking and unlocking of the doors and an issue with the TPMS where the dash display states "Service tire pressure system" are linked by an RF Hub. When I search around I keep getting directed to the wireless ignition node (WIN) as the problem, but I can't tell if the WIN also has some tie-in to the TPMS system or if I should still be looking for a separate RF Hub. Before I shell out some cash for this module: http://www.autotechelectronic.com/win-modules/dodge-wireless-ignition-node-no-remote-start/
I'd like to see if anyone had some advice.

Any thoughts?

Specs:

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab 5.7L V8
Keyless entry/ no remote start

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is my understanding that they both use the same Wireless Control Module to communicate with the car. If the module has an issue the car might not start until it’s resolved, but I’ll bet that if you were to seek out info there would be a how to test, remove, and replace.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is my understanding that they both use the same Wireless Control Module to communicate with the car. If the module has an issue the car might not start until it’s resolved, but I’ll bet that if you were to seek out info there would be a how to test, remove, and replace.
Thanks Andrew. Dealing with another issue so I couldn't respond right away. Looking around I see a reference to an "RF Hub" (which I can't tell it there is one in my particular truck or not) and the "WIN module". My truck starts fine, but I can't tell if the WIN receives the signals from the keyless entry and key fobs.

As it stands, both my key FOB's are not transmitting unless they are held a certain position to the receiver so that might be one culprit (This was checked by Chrylser). The TPMS system failure I'm still trying to pin down the exact part. It doesn't appear that anyone has had this issue for my particular truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Andrew. Dealing with another issue so I couldn't respond right away. Looking around I see a reference to an "RF Hub" (which I can't tell it there is one in my particular truck or not) and the "WIN module". My truck starts fine, but I can't tell if the WIN receives the signals from the keyless entry and key fobs.

As it stands, both my key FOB's are not transmitting unless they are held a certain position to the receiver so that might be one culprit (This was checked by Chrylser). The TPMS system failure I'm still trying to pin down the exact part. It doesn't appear that anyone has had this issue for my particular truck.
I have heard and read that same phrasing, “it doesn’t appear that anyone has had this issue” far too many times lately. Did the dealership tell you that? If that is the case, please try to document who, when, and where that was said to you. I’ve heard them tell people they’ve never heard about all the other issues that a huge number of people have. The TIPM melting and causing all kinds of havoc? Suspension bushings premature failure? Engine shutting off randomly? Overheating out of nowhere? Radiator pinhole leak? Yeah man, you’re the only one that your issue has happened with. And I’ve some primo real estate in Siberia to sell you. Seriously though I would start by disconnecting any and all wiring harness connectors you can reach, one at a time, using high quality electronics cleaner(DeOxyIt), dielectric grease to preserve the connection, and reconnect. Also disconnect any grounds you can find and clean the post with wire brush and/or sandpaper, grease, reconnect. I’ll bet, just maybe, your problems will start to disappear. Start with the connectors for the WCM or the TPMS first, but it seems to be a network wide issue. As in, another intermittent connection could cause issues with a seemingly unrelated component. After TONS of research and a million wrong answers, I deduced that the only way to get rid of these electrical gremlins was to systematically go through connectors and clean, dielectric grease, reconnect, proceed. After the dealership told me they could not find my shutoff problem, over and over again they failed. And I have a Lifetime Bumper to Bumper Warranty on my 2006 MagnumRT, so you would think I would make it their problem, but they just deny and deny. So I did as previously stated, and didn’t even make it to the PCM or the TIPM (the most suspicious parts, but time consuming to disconnect and clean) before it got too dark, but my problem went away and has not returned. No more engine light, no more shut off, and that was two months ago. Chrysler is selling everyone shit parts, denying anything is wrong when these are well known problems coast to coast, selling you parts that don’t fix the problem when not under warranty, buy denying any problems when under warranty. Sounds like fraud to me. Please keep track of claims made by your dealership.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard ...
Nope, just poking around and I found two schools of thought. One suggests that certain model year Rams have an RF Hub located behind or under the rear seat that is a confluence for the TPMS sensors of the 4 wheels. It is roughly equidistant from all wheels to this RF Hub. The other thought is that the WIN module where my key is inserted is a receiver for the keyless entry, remote start and TPMS sensors which I confirmed with Autotech yesterday. What made it hard to troubleshoot was both my key fobs are broken and I didn't know that until the dealership tested them. So for the same price as two new fob's Autotech gives me a WIN and two fob's.

Since my problem is not with low tire pressure (thank you Tire Kingdom for your fantastic analysis as always cough) or a single TPMS sensor failure the issue should be the WIN since both the keyless entry and all over TPMS system failure can related to the same module. Now I'm just going to throw a part at it and see if it clears everything up.

Just couldn't find anyone that had similar symptoms with the same diagnosis and treatment so I thought I'd ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts