DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself clicking the lock and unlock button sometimes as many as 10 times for it to lock or unlock. its not the batterys or the remote.. ive tried 2 different remotes and new batteries.. its annoying when im ffreezing and just wanna get i my truck.. just a pain.. any1 else have this issue?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine just started doing this, I haven't done anything about it yet. But I have noticed having to press either the lock or unlock several times. I am on my way to the dealer tomorrow to get my spare tire winch replaced, I will see what they say.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I've noticed the same difficulty lately. Sometimes it works fine others it takes several presses to get it to register.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I asked the dealer, they didn't say/explain much, but they did just gave me a new fob, no questions asked. What's really cool, is that the new one now says RAM on the back, not DODGE. SWEEEEET!! I was under 36K, so it was just a warranty exchange. Sorry this doesn't help much.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I had the same problem with my fob a few months back and I also changed out the batterys with no luck. The only thing my dealer did was just replace them under warranty and the problems gone. Sorry I don't have any different news but that seems to be the fix at the moment.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
If you should lose or misplace your FOB,
When you go to the dealership to replace it, the one that reads Ram is more expensive & it is identical to the one that reads Dodge, except for the word

Everyone has issues at one time or another with the signal, mine was pouring down rain at a grocery store, arms full of bags. I ended up having to go back to the stores overhang, because i could NOT get the FOB to work

Now when it happens, as i walk up to the vehicle, try to unlock the door, if it doesn't unlock i hit the lock button or the Start button, then i unlock it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Everyone has issues at one time or another with the signal, mine was pouring down rain at a grocery store, arms full of bags. I ended up having to go back to the stores overhang, because i could NOT get the FOB to work
I hope you know there's a key inside the fob you can use hehe, i know it's kinda hard with arms full of bags, but i had to use it a couple times myself.

Mine started doing this and has been for a bit. I read somewhere that the contacts need to be pried up some. When you remove your battery, there's suppose to be 4 pins (contacts) and they need to be pried up a little bit so there's better contact with the battery, try that and see if it works better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mines been doing it since I bought my truck. Just crack the fob open every once in a while and pry the contacts up and it works great again. It sucked the first few times because a wannabe thief destroyed my door lock cylinder with a screw driver 2 days after I bought the truck. Been almost 2 years and still haven't replaced the lock cylinder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had the same problem since day 1. Dealer won't do anything for me until I show them it doesn't work. I have been locked out of truck for 15 minutes at times trying to get it to work. Lock or unlock issues now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My remote started acting up just recently. I did discuss with the Dealership. They have had several reports of the same problem but changing batteries does not appear to help. They have been in contract with Chrysler about the issue but so for no fixes have been forthcoming. I found that if I open the locked door with the fob key after dinging around with the remote my panic alarm goes off – nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts