DODGE RAM FORUM banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Successfully installed these on two '14 Rams today, an Express and a Sport.

The Express was the same as the '13. On the Sport, I have push start and the Alpine sound system. The push start just involved removing the battery from the fob for the install process. The Alpine system posed a problem because the amplifier is mounted right in front of the BCM, and anyone with normal sized hands or larger isn't going to be able to reach the harnesses on the module. Even if you could, you won't be able to see the harnesses to tap in to the wires.

The amplifier doesn't come out easily, and I never got it out. It requires taking apart more of the dash than I cared to do, as I don't need to create more rattles. After some searching, I found that the amplifier is a huge pain to remove, but I never found a thread explaining how to remove it.

In the beginning of this thread, Asur had provided info that the door pin and parking light wires are not needed for operation. I didn't hook up the door pin, and for the parking lights I tapped in to the wire at the switch. It is the white/brown wire, #1 pin on the harness. You can reach up behind the dash and unplug this harness without removing the switch, and it's a lot easier to access than the harness on the BCM, so I'd recommend doing this on any of the Rams.

As for the EIPS that is now with for the Rams with push button, I didn't opt for this option and left it disabled. This feature is simply an additional add-on with the DBALL that will turn the engine off (along with sounding the horn if desired) if the key leaves the vehicle and the vehicle is left idling in park.

With the standard ignition, pit-stop mode still won't work as found in my previous install. With the push button, pit-stop mode will work. Simply press the lock button 3 times while the vehicle is in park. You can do this from inside or outside the vehicle.

Vehicle take-over with the push button start requires just pressing the brake pedal. You don't have to push the start button at any point during take-over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bad news. You can't flash these units to do the 3-click remote start anymore. Apparently, the manufacturer changed the software on October 1st. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Folks,
Forgive my absolute ignorance on anything related to automotive electronics, but I want to buy an aftermarket remote start on my 2013 Ram 1500 SLT and was wondering if this one will work:
http://www.amazon.com/Avital-4103LX-Remote-System-4-Button/dp/B002P4P1G2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1413984281&sr=1-1&keywords=remote+start

I plan to have it installed by Geek Squad at Best Buy. Is there anything else I would need to purchase, like an alarm bypass or harness? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lately a few questions have popped up on the threads about the Xpresskit Remote start for the 2013 and 14 Rams, I had to talk with support in the last few days for some other products and took the time to have them addess some of the members questions and got some answers for those who may be wondering still, so here is a few answers about the new Xpress kit Remote start DB-ALL and DB-ALL2 and also the THCHD3 T-Harness.

One member asked what was the difference between the DB-ALL and DB-ALL2 remote start units.

The DB-ALL and DB-ALL2 are basically the same except the DB-ALL2 has a second CAN output, This is for future use on other Vehicles that would require other needs and they will be able to use this 2nd CAN Output to control things. The Ram does not need this.

Another Questions was: Is the new THCHD3 T-harness as plug and play as the one for the 2012 Ram

THCHD3 T-Harness, Well the answer is yes and no, The DB-ALL is connected to the trucks using this T-harness for everything except the following, you will need to hard wire the parking lights and the driver door pin. That's it.

Hope this helps answer some of the questions.

If others have more questions I may still be able to get the answers for them, other members can also answer them. Hope this helps
  • Sorry to beat a dead horse, if this thread is stagnant. So, can we use the CHTHD1 harness on the 2014 Ram trucks, instead of the new THCHD3, just need to hard wire a couple extra wires? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
They have reinstituted the 3xLock to start on dball2 since July 2016 i believe. I have yet to test because i purchased mine on 10/28/14 2 days before they stopped allowing it. Here's the thing, i was using a temporary password to login for the key2go. I have a lite account there now but i can't do key2go only flash module without key2go. Does anyone know if you can update the module without doing key2go since it was already done? I would like to get rid of the extra key fob i had to add to get remote start.
Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can you unlock the doors with the same key that you used to start the truck? In other words if I start the truck with key #1. will key #1 be able to then unlock the doors and put into the ignition without turning off the truck? or do you need to use key #2 to unlock the doors to get into the truck. Someone told me that when you use key #1 the truck thinks key #1 is in the ignition and it will not recognize that key? I want to start it with a key and then use that same key to unlock and get into the truck. My wife and I routinely switch vehicles and I want this to work equally well with both keys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lately a few questions have popped up on the threads about the Xpresskit Remote start for the 2013 and 14 Rams, I had to talk with support in the last few days for some other products and took the time to have them addess some of the members questions and got some answers for those who may be wondering still, so here is a few answers about the new Xpress kit Remote start DB-ALL and DB-ALL2 and also the THCHD3 T-Harness.

One member asked what was the difference between the DB-ALL and DB-ALL2 remote start units.

The DB-ALL and DB-ALL2 are basically the same except the DB-ALL2 has a second CAN output, This is for future use on other Vehicles that would require other needs and they will be able to use this 2nd CAN Output to control things. The Ram does not need this.

Another Questions was: Is the new THCHD3 T-harness as plug and play as the one for the 2012 Ram

THCHD3 T-Harness, Well the answer is yes and no, The DB-ALL is connected to the trucks using this T-harness for everything except the following, you will need to hard wire the parking lights and the driver door pin. That's it.

If others have more questions I may still be able to get the answers for them, other members can also answer them. Hope this helps

How about dball3 is it the same as dball and dball2???

61 - 68 of 68 Posts