DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have Dodge Ram 1500 2009 with remote start is not fonctionnal. When i push button on remote, the pickup doesn't start and i hear "bip" Does the remote starter is disabled ?

Thank !

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum, :Hey:
This forum is full of great looking trucks; packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

Is the problem with just one remote, or all remotes?

AND - We all like pix! Got any to share?

Enjoy the Z!

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum great to have you here. Brad may be on to something here, a simple problem maybe. It could just be the batteries in that remote. I know it is stupid but who knows.
When you get a chance post a picture or two of your truck.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about posting a few photos of your truck?

Have you checked the set up in the EVIC to see if it is enabled?
:Hey:

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
hello and welcome, make sure all of the doors and hood are closed. on my 2008 it wont start if there is a check engine light on or it is over heating, low oil pressure ect.

·
Premium Member
32,601 Posts
what he said, the hood sensor may be the culprit, it can be closed all the way & the sensor says that it is NOT

·
Administrator
53,006 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! I don't have any advice for you, but looks like others do, so good luck with that! Any pics of your truck? We'd love to see it! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Is the same thing with all remote...
I take it you are hitting the button twice.
Have you noticed if the park lights flash once when you try to initiate remote start? If so, stand outside the truck and look at the dash will trying to start and see what the display shows. If there is a 'no start' condition, it will show up on the display.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Welcome to Forum Z
Great to have you with us.
Dont forget to post pics of your ride.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Make sure you didn't put the remote start in service mode . Do you have any pictures of your truck ? Have you done any mods or have plans for any ? Any of your friends have a Ram ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

·
Premium Member
32,601 Posts
remote will NOT start the truck if certain conditions are not met

Gas can't be real close to empty
Check Engine Light can't be on
Doors & Hood must be closed, sometimes they are closed & a sensor is not working or out of alignment
i'm sure there are also other reasons, but, they have not happened to me yet

·
Registered
21 Posts
Remote Start Issue

My remote was working fine until i took to dealer for trans problems. Now it sounds one time and does not start or show anything on screen inside. What can I check...Dealer is 65 miles away...Thaks

·
Registered
912 Posts
not the the dealer would "mess anything up"...I have an aftermarket on my '09, some days it starts just fine, others it has issues...wish I could be more help with a factory remote start.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Check the switch under the hood. It's on the passneger side near the Airbox I believe. Maybe have someone push it down while you try to remote start it, or check to make sure its not disconnected. Other than that, if the check engine light is on, it should still start for a second, then shut off once the light comes on..

good luck and welcome aboard..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks but I can't find a switch--PS this remote start was added by the dealer when i brought the truck- it is a dodge remote with the key fob x2 on it, would that make a difference where the switch is since it was added at the dealers shop?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Thanks but I can't find a switch--PS this remote start was added by the dealer when i brought the truck- it is a dodge remote with the key fob x2 on it, would that make a difference where the switch is since it was added at the dealers shop?
Yes...it could. There is more than one type.

Try this -
Turn the ignition key to the on/run position
press the remote start button 3 times
After 1 second, the horn should beep.
If it beeps 1 time, then the remote start was in service mode and should now work correctly.

If it beeps 3 times, then you just placed it in service mode....repeat the above to take it out.

Here's hoping... :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts