DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting remote start installed on my 2013 Express but have a couple of questions.

1) I called the dealership and they are saying that he couldn't find a part for it in their system, but before I called I found part number 82214054 which shows to work through, and able to be ordered, the factory site. Does anyone know if that is in fact the right part number?

2) If anyone has had their dealership install the factory system with the new fobs do you mind if I ask what they charged for parts and install?

3) Does anyone have pros/cons or advice for one vs the other? I know the factory route is going to be a bit more expensive but I like the idea of getting the new fobs with the start button, compared to hitting the lock button multiple times on the xpresskit.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the factory installed remote start. If my experience is typical don't waste your money.
For the first 2 or 3 months it worked well, I could start the truck from 200 feet or so. However that ended quickly. Now I have to be inside 20 feet with either fob.
I've tried new batteries with the same results.
Not much help if you are wanting to warm up your truck in the winter from the workplace.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2013 Laramie since new. The factory remote has never failed me. I have started my truck from second floor hotel rooms many times and when I get to the truck the drivers seat and steering wheel are toasty warm. :smileup: I have a Viper remote kit on my SUV and does not have near the range of the Ram's and it has a separate key fob. :4-dontknow: I guess it is which ever you want.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,442 Posts
My Laramie came factory with the remote start. Love it. Works awesome never had a problem. Range of the fob is excellent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Somewhat related to the topic. I recently purchased a 2013 3500 laramie and have stayed away from getting in the truck, pressing the brake and hitting the pushbutton for the start. I need to see that glow plug indicator light up for a bit for my OCD so instead I get in, push the pushbutton to ACC, then RUN so I can see all of my indications come on then off, then press the brake n start the truck. Any thoughts on this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts