DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for about 2-3 months now my truck sometimes starts without pressing any buttons anyone know how i can disable remote start or fix the problem

·
Registered
314 Posts
For those who want to fix the problem, here's what to do.
Open the FOB by prying the 2 halves apart, after removing the key, then, using a jeweller's Phillips screwdriver, push down hard on the screw head before turning the screw: IT IS TIGHT.
Once opened, remove the battery, and using contact cleaner, clean the tiny gold contacts.
On mine, the tiny cupped disc that shorts out the 2 gold contacts when pressed, was loose and moving around, causing the engine to start on its own; I glued it back on with silicone rubber, and the problem is fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those who want to fix the problem, here's what to do.
Open the FOB by prying the 2 halves apart, after removing the key, then, using a jeweller's Phillips screwdriver, push down hard on the screw head before turning the screw: IT IS TIGHT.
Once opened, remove the battery, and using contact cleaner, clean the tiny gold contacts.
On mine, the tiny cupped disc that shorts out the 2 gold contacts when pressed, was loose and moving around, causing the engine to start on its own; I glued it back on with silicone rubber, and the problem is fixed.
Hey 300! I think I have the same problem you're describing.

So, this is what I found when I opened the fob. The little cupped disc was in this location. Where is it supposed to be?

This has been driving me insane... any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
314 Posts
It goes directly below the remote start button; as you can see, the other lower contacts are nice and clean, because there's no buttons to push on the remote; once you've applied a sealant, wait for a while for that sealant to cure before pressing the remote button; u

·
Registered
314 Posts
usually, a couple of hrs. is sufficient
Here's the remainder of the sentence: I lost the wi-fi for a minute...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put the disk in the center of the contact and put the fob back together the other day and it hasn’t happened since. I’m going to silicone that in place today.
Thank you brother!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts