DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, picked up a 2014 1500 Laramie last week and have had a few issues.

The main one is the remote start works in that it starts the truck but it then shuts off after about 10 seconds. There is an engine light on too which I assume is the reason.

Is there a way to check what the fault is? The truck is going back to the Dealership for a couple fixes next week so it will be addressed then but I want to make sure i'm not doing permanent damage with the CEL on.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
34,745 Posts
Remote start will not work with a CEL illuminated. Neither will cylinder deactivation (MDS).

The dealer is gonna charge you around $100 to read that code; go to Auto Zone, they will read it for free. Then you can check the internet (or just ask here) what has caused that code for others and get an idea of what the solution will be. I would not go to the dealer first

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I also got a PM but cannot respond because I don't have 50 posts yet.

Checked the gas cap and it's not that :-( Also tried a few of the Youtube fixes to see if I can get the dash to show me the error code but cant get it to work because of the push start button.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Remote start is shutting off because of the CEL, it'll run until the dash goes through it's start up mode and the CEL comes on. Service manager told me as long as the CEL is not flashing is shouldn't cause any damage.

Hey guys, picked up a 2014 1500 Laramie last week and have had a few issues.

The main one is the remote start works in that it starts the truck but it then shuts off after about 10 seconds. There is an engine light on too which I assume is the reason.

Is there a way to check what the fault is? The truck is going back to the Dealership for a couple fixes next week so it will be addressed then but I want to make sure i'm not doing permanent damage with the CEL on.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts