DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being this chilly weather is among us, I have been using my factory remote start more often. Besides paying close to $50,000 for a pickup and getting only a one way remote start that goes about 50 feet...now it only works once in awhile.

I press the start button twice like usual and all it does is flash the lights once, like its locking the doors. I've had other people give it a try and its the same...so its not just me going crazy. This happens about 3 out of 10 times when I use the remote start. I've tried both remotes that came with the pickup and got the same response. Has anyone else come across this?

:poopstorm:

·
Registered
37 Posts
But the pickup receives the signal since the lights flash. I've never had any trouble unlocking it using the remote...but I guess its worth a shot
You have to make sure the doors are closed all the way and the windows too. Also it will only start 2 times before you have to put the key in and make sure you are not low on fuel that will also make it not start. Some times when get in after it didn't start look at the dash it will tell you why the auto start was aborted:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
One other thing not mentioned, it won't start if the fuel is down to 1/4 tank and will shut down when it reaches that level.

·
Registered
387 Posts
mine will start with less than 1/4 of a tank, but shuts down in under a minute

·
Registered
60 Posts
I actually had mine at the dealer last week about this. Mine would start and then shut down in less than a minute. They said they could not get it to do it. Interesting you guys mention it wont do it with less than a 1/4 tank. My dealer never said anything about that, idiots. I will try it next time I'm low on fuel just to see but I guess would make sense as mine also did it just occasionally, must have been low, I never thought to look at that.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Those FOBIKS have been a problem since i bought mine in February 2009,
I finally got 2 new FOBs from the dealer, after i got soaked in a rain storm while trying to get the doors to unlock
i have had no real issues since

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i hate the factory remot start i want to rip it out and get a aftermarket one installed that i can start my truck with my iphone

·
Registered
83 Posts
never had that problem and i use it everyday before work cause its cold and i do it from in my house and im not even near a window, I had the dealer put mine in cause my truck didnt come with it, did you check the evic to make sure the remote start is on? and if it is i would take it to the dealer cause maybe they have a wire crossed or something

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been playing around with this a bit since I posted this. I've come to the conclusion that it does have something to do with the panic button. The remote start works fine, then I shut it off and hit the panic button and try to use the remote start after turning off the panic mode and the lights just flash. Just gotta stay away from that panic button :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
It also won't start if the panic button was pressed before putting the key in the ignition....I konw this cause my baby bit the remote and set off the panic alarm :)
Did your baby look like this when the alarm went off >>>>>> :Wow1:

:LOL: so sorry, i just couldnt resist:gy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problem with the doors not wanting to unlock and stuff. I could literally stand right next to my truck pushing the button and nothing would happen. I had it in the dealer a few weeks back for a recall and i brought it up but they had no answer.

I also brought up that my puddle lights in my mirrors would stay on for a very very long time after i park the truck unless i lock the doors. They said they had a flash update to fix that and they did the update for me.

I can't promise that this is what fixed it but my remote has worked like a charm since, not a single issue to report. Maybe some sort of connection?

·
Registered
203 Posts
hmmmmm I have the same issue with my puddle lights.

·
Registered
203 Posts
the lights dont match. the driver side is a off white and the pass side is a bright white... doesnt make sense
Maybe its so you can tell passenger side, driver side :LOL:

Have you pointed this out to your Service Tech?

I had to put LEDs in my interior cause I thought it looked odd with the interior bulbs on with the puddle lights due to my hint of OCD

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe its so you can tell passenger side, driver side :LOL:

Have you pointed this out to your Service Tech?

I had to put LEDs in my interior cause I thought it looked odd with the interior bulbs on with the puddle lights due to my hint of OCD
i havent yet told the dealer yet.. ide like to change them out for brighter leds and ide like to do the interior but everyone claims to have the brighest and most of them are junk.. ive heard good things about a few sites.. what do you have and any pics? i wanna get bright reverse lights as well

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.