DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased my 2014 Ram 1500 November 19th. Just a couple of days ago the truck started, remote starting its self after I shut it off and got out of the truck. What in the world is going on with it?? Is this a simple fix or is it going to cost me a lot of $$$ Please Help!

·
Super Moderator
34,699 Posts
Are you sure you didn't inadvertently press a button? Sometimes my truck will unlock itself if my keys are arranged in a certain way and I lean into something

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That just happened to me yesterday coming out of Walmart with a couple of sack of groceries and I dropped one, bent over picked it up and when I got to the truck seconds later it was running. So bending over with the keys in the front pocket can start the truck. without knowledge you could have inadvertently squeezed the key in the palm of you hand.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
I was thinking that you pants were too tight or something pressed against the FOB

With my old 2009, i was carrying something from my truck up a couple stairs & across a deck. When i put my left leg on a step, my truck started & the windows rolled down.
My sister was behind me & yelled that my truck had started & there was not a thing that i could do about it until i could get to where i could set the object down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish that was the case, but I just checked it again and as soon as I pulled the FOB out of the ignition (I pulled it out by the key ring) it started trying to remote start. Ive been searching all over the internet for a similar event happening and I have yet to find one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will automatically shut off and disable the remote start, then it will just keep locking the doors and sounding the horn in attempt to remote start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news, we figured it out. I took the FOB apart and the connector on the back of the button has came off on the remote start causing it to stay connected to the motherboard like I was hitting the remote start all of the time.....I have it bandaided right now until I can get a new face for my FOB.

·
Registered
18 Posts
With my FOB and keys in my pocket, I've managed to activate ever function on the FOB at one time or another. I'm not a big fan of its design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a recently purchased 2016 Ram 1500 with a remote start. I was woken up the other night by the truck's horn beeping and the truck starting. The fob was in my pants pocket on the other side of the room. I would like to disable this feature since I keep the truck in an attached garage.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
maybe someone from Jersey is playing tricks on you :LOL:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My truck just started doing this same thing the other day. If I am walking away from it itll start on its own. When I walk up to it it’ll do the same thing. Honk twice but won’t start because it’s already disabled. So frustrating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts