DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's getting cold and I was going to go ahead and install a remote start on my 2009 Ram 1500...the parts guy at the dealer is telling me that they don't make one for my truck?!?! Has anyone installed a factory one on their truck? I have considered going aftermarket but don't want to deal with another key fob...that and I an concerned about voiding electrical using an aftermarket kit...

·
8,070 Posts
I know for sure you can get an OEM remote start for a 11-12 truck. I'm not sure with an 09 would be any different. You're looking at about $200 for the kit online. Then you could install it yourself if you feel comfortable with that and have the dealer add the sales code after. Otherwise you will have to get them to fully install it which will obviously cost more money.

Otherwise look at the DB-ALL kit. It's much cheaper and uses your factory fob. You just press the lock button 3 times and it starts the truck. It won't be as integrated into the truck as the OEM system is though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I will check out these options and see what works for my needs...I like the idea of being able to install myself and it be plug and play! I contacted a guy here in town and he said that he can install an autopage system that can be programed using my OEM remote, but it 300 bucks...didn't really want to spend that much...that and I was not sure how much splicing and dicing he would be doing to my wiring...I will let you know...

·
Registered
42 Posts
AS said before, the DB-all kit cost me less than $70 and took me less than 10 minutues to install. With the specialized harness, its a no-brainer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had a relative install a factory kit in my '09 dodge 1500. He did tell me they quit making the system for the '09 models but was able to find old stock at another dealer and had it shipped in. The install itself took about 45 minutes to complete and the parts cost $275 his cost. So I would suspect to pay several hundred more to get a dealer installed system unless you know someone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will this DBALL kit work on the Diesel? Is it simply download, plug in and turn the key? If it is as easy as it looks to install, I'll buy the flash module as well as the harness and do it myself for almost nothing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Will this DBALL kit work on the Diesel? Is it simply download, plug in and turn the key? If it is as easy as it looks to install, I'll buy the flash module as well as the harness and do it myself for almost nothing.

Yes it ill work on your diesel. If you buy it from doug on ebay he can program your runtime for however long you want. He can also program it to have a crank delay so the the truck will tirn on and let your gliwplugs warm up then crank. I installed mine in 10 mins and love it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
does anyone have a link for this remote start that they are talking about on ebay / Doug ?
Or is this one from Lee Parts the same one ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just did a similar install on my 09.. It was a very painless install and I def love it, especially after coming home from a TDY to my truck being covered in snow, and being able to just remote start it as I checked in with my squadron and have a nice warm truck to get into and a clear windshield so I could drive home..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question

Once the DBall and the T Harness are in how do you turn the option on in the truck? I just ordered the KXloader so I am flashing the unit myself for RSR.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hope you put some serious thought into a 2-way. I have a factory remote start, and it is a real pain sometimes. I hate having to have to see my truck to know its started, and the 15 minute timeout and 2 start limit gets old. Good luck though. Wish I could somehow sell you mine and get a real remote start!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just came in from installing the DBall and the T Harness in my 2010 SLT. It is 28° outside and only took me not quite 10 minutes .I got it off e bay Told him what truck I had and he flashed it for me. It is great to use the OEM key to start it. It is a no brainer Just watch this video

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought mine from my dealer for $188 and some change (tax included). Tell them you found it on the Internet for that price and they should come down. They'll still make money even at that price. Here's the part# 82211073AD (List price $192.15 on factorychryslerparts.com). There used to be a .pdf download of the install instructions on the mopar.com website. You may have to dig around on the net for that now.

It comes as a complete kit with Wireless Ignition Module (WIN), 2 factory key Fob's, antenna, hood switch, brackets and wiring. I installed all of the parts except for the WIN. The dealer needs to program the WIN and key fobs before they are installed in the truck. I did almost all of the work as far as installation and it only took the dealer about 30 minutes to install the WIN and program the fobs. They charged me $37.50 for a half hours worth of labor.

I chose to stay with the factory kit so the keys stayed the same. Its always worked great with no problems. Good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dball2

Got the Dball2 remote start Expresskit today and installed in about 10 minutes. Plugged it in to ignition and connected the 2 wires to park light switch. Stepped about 100 feet from truck and pressed the lock button 3 times. The park lights came on and my truck cranked. Pressed the lock button 3 more times, the park lights went off and the truck shut down. Way cool and a cheap alternative to factory remote.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts