DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it just me or did they get rid of the ability to
roll your windows down with the key fob in the 2012.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I think they did :(

I cannot do it and i have heard other people cant either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just traded in my 09 1500 and that worked great. On my new 12 does not function either. I am going to miss that. Loved putting them down on a hot day before I went out to get in the truck.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If you had the air conditioner on when you turned off the truck , and have remote start would the air conditioning still be on when you started it? That would work ok if it did.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's to keep us safe! Don't you know?!?!

Yes, it's confirmed gone in the 2012's - bummer, it would have been a nice 'show off' feature in the summer.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Sounds like it is gone, but just FYI I don't believe it was ever available in vehicles that didn't have auto up/auto down controls (single cabs).

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I will say that as much as I love rolling the windows down before I get in the truck to let it cool down, there have been a few times when I apparently hit the button and held it by accident as when I went outside my windows were partly down. If it would have rained I'd be pissed. I am much more conscious of the key fob after having that happen a few times.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I will say that as much as I love rolling the windows down before I get in the truck to let it cool down, there have been a few times when I apparently hit the button and held it by accident as when I went outside my windows were partly down. If it would have rained I'd be pissed. I am much more conscious of the key fob after having that happen a few times.

Prob why they got rid of it....too many complaints:cry2::strokin:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Lol. Now that I think of it I was working on a jobsite and a guy had a quadcab sport there. The windows would roll down by themselves apparently. I knew it was an electrician and went and told him what his truck was doing. He said ' thanks! I didn't even know that truck did that!'

·
Registered
158 Posts
Glad I read this thread, loved it on my '10. Seriously sat in my driveway trying to get mine to go down for about 20 minutes, always thought I was doing something wrong. Then I just gave up sparring what juice was still left in the battery.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Chrysler told Ram to get rid of it due to several complaints.

The number one complaint: people starting the vehicles, windows rolling down, AC kicking on and people completly forgetting about it due to whatnot. After 15mins the engine was shutting down [as it should] however the windows were NOT rolling up but staying in the down position. People [owners] would return after however long to find personal items inside the vehicle missing [read: vandalism].

There were other reasons - like what snrusnak posted - but the above security glitch was the main problem.

The [relatively] easy fix would have been to roll the windows back up immediately after engine shut-down. Though this does sound easy [and not too costly], it didn't sit too well with Chrysler due to a window being automatically rolled up without supervision of any kind [safety glitch].

Six of one, one-half dozen of another....

You can always have an aftermarket automatic window opening/closing module installed and gated to your keyfob.

·
Registered
109 Posts
09 SLT Does NOT have it

My 09 SLT Quad cab does not have the roll down feature. I have tried many times to get the windows down by holding the unlock key on the remote fob down after the doors unlock. I have tried it by releasing then pressing the unlock again, I have tried it by repeatedly pushing the unlock fob key, basically all combos of key presses or holding the key down does not seem to work. It really would be NICE to have it function. SLT, no alarm, only the lock and unlock keys on the fob.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
^I'd try the relearn procedure. You probably do have it. I don't remember it off hand but I've seen it posted on here before. You have to sort of "program" it by pressing the window all the way down then all the way up, maybe several times? (can't remember) or something like that...

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Whew you guys scared me. Had to go outside and make sure I still had that feature... I personally like it. Makes some people just say wow.

·
Registered
563 Posts
+1

My 2010 had it and I came out to my truck with four open windows a couple times, I never tried on this '12 but I'm glad its not there.

With remote start it will crank up the AC or heat depending on the outside temp, thats good enough for me. But oddly enough they eliminated the remote start as being standard and its an option on the '12 Laramie, it was standard on my '10.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love this feature on my 2011 Express, my buddy was so let down when we realized that the feature had been taken away on his 2012 Express. At least at this point we know that there is nothing wrong with his truck other than the hinges on his center console that the salesman broke during delivery...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts