DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 1500. Need help removing the dash. Not completely but creating enough room in the back to run wires from my programmer and my police radar detector. Clean it up a bit:smileup:

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Umm...no? :LOL:

The dashboard in this truck is fairly complex. It comes apart in pieces, not as one large unit.

Start at the instrument panel and the drivers side footwell. Take apart the gauge cluster and remove all the Torx Screws in the footwell and underneath the trim. Repeat on passenger side...be very careful of the airbag on the passenger side though. I have seen those deploy on dashboard removals in other vehicles. It should be just about as straightforward as any other vehicle, but I would be SO nervous doing it on something so new.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh you have any idea on how to hide those wires? ill post some pics up in a bit.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
for the radar detector just get the cord that would plug into the back of the mirror thats the one i want to get aswell but i cannot rember which site i seen it on

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I would run them up the a-pillar, along the headliner, and down to the radar detector if they are long enough.

Trust me when I say, you want to exhaust ALL possible options before removing the dash in the 4th gen.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trust me when I say, you want to exhaust ALL possible options before removing the dash in the 4th gen.
Advice taken, More than likely i wont bother with the dash then. Ill figure something out

:repplus:

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Advice taken, More than likely i wont bother with the dash then. Ill figure something out

:repplus:
LOL, Just sayin'. I helped a friend remove his to do some custom stereo stuff.

Never again if I can avoid it. So many pieces, and parts, and some of them are very fragile. Not to mention they are a total bitch to get lined back up correctly

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha ya thats a project i'd like to avoid just for two wires

:att:

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
All you really need to remove is the bezel not the whole dash and it takes like 5 mins and you only have one peive to remove unlike mine i have the radio area and the shifter its really not that hard. i Would remove it then the piece around the gauges its only 4 screws for the gauge area and it comes right out then you can run the wires. But if you wanted to remove the whole dash part well thats kinda pointless.

think mine came out good

Once you remove the bezel youll have a butt load of room to run the wires

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i wasn't familiar with the dash and how many pieces it was in. So thats why I stated the whole dash. So removing the bezel exposes the screws to the gauge area? That would be perfect to get those two off. Makes total sense just to remove those two. It be perfect. Thanks for the info! appreciate it

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
yeah i wasn't familiar with the dash and how many pieces it was in. So thats why I stated the whole dash. So removing the bezel exposes the screws to the gauge area? That would be perfect to get those two off. Makes total sense just to remove those two. It be perfect. Thanks for the info! appreciate it
No theres 4 screws that hold the one area infront of the gauges but you should be able to run wires behind that

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Went through driver side Pillar and through the headliner. How do you all think it came out?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmm which switches?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts