DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take the white stickers off my truck that say like Ram 1500, Dodge, Sport. I took the tailgate off already just to see what it would be like, and the stickers come off very easy. The problem is that where the stickers were the paint under looks brand new but the areas around where the stickers weren't is a little weathered so you can still see the words. What can I do to make it so you can't see where the stickers used to be when I take them off?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't think there's much you CAN do. It looks like new paint because it is. It hasn't been weathered like the rest of the surface. I had the same problem when I debadged my Dakota. You could plainly see where the Sport decal had been. Granted my Dakota was black. Which made it worse... One thing you MIGHT try is washing and waxing the living crap out of your truck. You MIGHT be able to get the colors to blend a little. But I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Hopefully someone else here will have some ideas.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I would get some compound and elbow grease! then polish and elbow grease! see if it doesn't help clean it up a little bit!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts