Issue; Had the Valve seat issue..
Replaced entire engine with Running take out
Using a Snap on Code reader Cleared all codes
cycle key numerous times
Go to start battery "acted" dead -Jumper from adjacent car
Go to start, Turn Key
Engine bumps 1 cycle1 revolution
Doesn't continue to Crank.. just stops
Throws code (will need to update lost code) But indicated as..Vehicle NOT in park
Side note: used the manual disengage to move truck off tow truck..
Release manual override while plugged in & code reader indicated not reset
locked back in place code cleared

We didn't touch the Trans or any wiring to Trans that we know of. Today's task recheck all harness connectors ensure grounds are good ensure battery is fully charged
get all the codes that seem pertinent and post on here

Thoughts-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Seems like not many follow up their post when the fixes are fixed..
here we go..First it was a ground wire that was not attached I followed the wiring harness 3 times and still didnt see the ground that was off...The failed ground was at the very end of the harness in fact it was most likely the very first part of the harness removed attached to the passenger side inner fender just past the 2 main computer connections. But that alone wasn't the issue ...
I was convinced that the key fob had lost connectivity..so i contacted a local lock smith..who brought out his equipment to get the fob reconnected ...he said "I've got nothing on the dash when i turn the key...its not your key fob".."check your fuses again...something with your instrument cluster" ...looking through the manual ...then testing with a volt meter and test light. Everything that had power to 1 side of the fuses seemed correct...I started pulling fuses again and looking closely ...i pulled the 10a instrument cluster fuse ...the element wasnt burnt...Mmmm on a whim I switched with another 10a ......and the truck fired right up.....Under closer inspection the fuse was burnt between the top of the leg and the element under the plastic ...we figure it happened after trying to cycle the engine 20 times with the last ground off...

It was most definitely a Ground Wire ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts