DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a FedEx with AMI Striker Fuel Door (part #6950BC). Great! Except for one thing...the crappy instructions. There was no parts list, so I had no way to know if all nuts, screws, etc. where accounted for.

Now, one of the first things you're supposed to do (after removing the old door) is to attach the latch assembly....with what???? There were no screws included and the instructions give no details on attaching the latch assembly. Of course it would be after 5:00 on a Friday, so calling them is pointless.

Anyone else installed this door? I've been searching for a how-to video on youtube with no luck. They should make install videos for every product. Might just save companies a ton of customer service calls.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dodge door

Installed a Dodge fuel door. It was held on by 2 self-tapping screws. These were inside on the hinge. Don't see while you couldn't reuse the screws. Had to push the rubber end out that holds the fuel cap. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Wish it were that simple. This one has a spring loaded pop-up latch. That's the real issue. Before I install to the truck I have to mount the latch assembly to the door. There was no materials list and it seems like they forgot something. I'll be calling the company this week to get this resolved. I don't like driving around without a fuel door. If they can't get this corrected soon I'll just put the stock one back on for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts