DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after having my 11 year old daughter tell me that my horn sounds like a girly horn, I started to think. Well, she may be right!

It's kind of a higher pitched horn, not a very deep or loud horn. Does anyone know if there are 1 or 2 horns and are they easy to replace or upgrade.

Thanks,

Vern

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I believe that there are 2 horns
one for the steering wheel
one for the things like locking the doors remotely & remote start warning signal

·
Registered
666 Posts
There 2 Horns: Horns - HORN AND BRACKET,
Part Name : mage : 1

Part# : 05026992AA
Brand : Dodge Parts OEM
Descriptiton :

HORN AND BRACKET Dual

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check to see if the horns are not defective, I just had mine replaced because they went bad, sounded really wimpy. I asked why and the service manager could only guess, water got into them and froze?? If you are under 36k they will be under warranty.

·
Registered
837 Posts
One of mine went bad when the truck was fairly new - I remember reading somewhere that water infiltration was a problem. I think it was the low note. I ordered a new assembly even though I had the max care warranty - part was forty bucks and I am just not a fan of other people wrenching on my truck unless necessary. Anyway the new horn assembly was slightly different as the horn units were more sealed - different design. I was a able to replace in about 15 min without removing the grille etc. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the post everyone, it has been helpful. It does sound like one of the horns are bad, probably the low sound one. It looks like I just need to remove the shroud (??) that goes on top of the radiator. It appears to be held in with the little black push pin locks. Has anyone removed this? Any suggestions.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.