DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about purchasing some new side mirrors off Craigslist and having them painted to match my truck. My question is, my mirrors are electronic with defrost, but will the truck have the required hardware/wiring to accommodate the new ones that have: "These Mirrors have defrost, turn signal, and puddle lamp." They are asking $120 for the pair which seems pretty reasonable but if the added features wouldn't work, I wouldn't waste my $$. I have a 12' Express model.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Easiest way is to use a multimeter on the connections for the mirror turn signals which are behind the door panel. I havent dug deep enough into the wiring diagrams to determine what pins are what, 8 pins in port 1. Just pop off the door panel, turn on the blinker for that side, and test the pins. If you get voltage changes in unison with the blinker then they should just be plug and play, but who knows, there might have to be a BCM flash done from a dealer just like for the steering wheel controls mod. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89247&highlight=puddle+lamp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts