DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 RAM 3500 Laramie 4WD Turbo Diesel. Purchased new in January 2015, the truck has almost 36k on it, the stock tires are about worn out. I do pull a 27' toy hauler with this truck but have only towed the trailer one time thus far. The truck is not used for hauling any large, heavy loads in the bed.
I'm getting ready to do a long haul with the truck and trailer, I want to replace the tires, I don't want to go cheap but I don't want to spend a fortune, either.
Any suggestions/recommendations out there for a reasonably priced, durable tire? Ideally, I'd like to get about 50k out of a set, I won't buy these stock tires again since they're almost worn out.
Tire size is LT275/70 R18. I'm looking at Cooper HTP in this size, load rated 'E', customer ratings are high but none of the ratings are for this particular tire, on the RAM 3500. Pricing where I'm looking is $195/tire, supposedly they're good for 40k. That's the cheapest I've found it.
Would greatly appreciate any additional info or suggestions.
Thanks! :)
IGMom
2014 Dodge Ram 3500 Turbo Diesel 4WD

·
Registered
18 Posts
FYI: Check out Costco, they have good prices, worth the membership fee. A couple of propane tank fill up pays for it.

I did pick up KO2 20" for my EcoDiesel, installed with taxes, came to 1250.00 Canadian. I did put on 20K KM, before I traded the truck for the RAM 2500. No sign of wear. Very quiet and great on all sorts of road conditions. No issues with pulling trailers.

I'm going for another set in the fall, to replace my originals. If I go with the 20", I have to replace my 18" rim. Haven't decided. 18" look small on the truck. LOL

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Hard to beat Discount Tire especially their service,
nothing is going to be inexpensive with a 3500 ;)

I know a few Off Road forums in AZ that Discount Tire
sponsors and some have members discounts :smileup:

They have handled all of my tire needs for 20yrs from
Vehicles, ATV's, Toy Haulers, they are headquartered
here in AZ. I had an opportunity to get some desert
time with the management a few years back and they
truly knowledgeable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Alyoops, I do have a Costo membership, only tires available for my vehicle were Michelins which are a great tire but at WELL over $200.00/each, yikes, decided to shop around a bit more. I may still wind up going there but still shopping right now.
@Desert Ram, thank for the info on Off Road forums, I'll check it out. Discount Tire is where I got the $195.00/each for the Coopers, I like dealing with those folks. And, you're right, NOTHING is cheap with a 3500 but it's OH so worth it. Love the truck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
@Alyoops, I do have a Costo membership, only tires available for my vehicle were Michelins which are a great tire but at WELL over $200.00/each, yikes, decided to shop around a bit more. I may still wind up going there but still shopping right now.
@Desert Ram, thank for the info on Off Road forums, I'll check it out. Discount Tire is where I got the $195.00/each for the Coopers, I like dealing with those folks. And, you're right, NOTHING is cheap with a 3500 but it's OH so worth it. Love the truck!
Just my opinion but with a $50000+ truck, I wouldn't go cheap on the tires. Put a set of Michelins on it and you will get close 50k out of them if not more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
exactly, do not go cheap on your truck, I've used Cintinental HSR FRONT AND CONTINENTAL HDR REAR ON 19.5 RIMS AND GOT OVER 60K (better than Mich I had previously)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts