DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone kept the stock head unit and put in some new 6x9's and how did it sound? I have the LCD screen but not the alpine system. I put 2 10" subs under the back seat and that sounds great but the rest off the speakers lack highs. I would like to put some JL 6x9 in there but not sure it will fit or if I need to amp them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Kicker makes factory replacement speakers. You can purchase them through a Ram dealer. I've also seen them available through a simple internet search. Search for something like "MOPAR RAM KICKER SPEAKER UPGRADE KIT".

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
I put in new 3.5" dash speakers and new 6x9's in the doors and it sounds a lot better. I put the JBL club series and they sound great. I plan to replace the head unit because and an not satisfied with the way it performs. The speakers are a great first step.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Kicker makes factory replacement speakers. You can purchase them through a Ram dealer. I've also seen them available through a simple internet search. Search for something like "MOPAR RAM KICKER SPEAKER UPGRADE KIT".
Another vote for the Mopar/Kicker option. Fit perfect and sound alot better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts