DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need your opinion what are the best shock to put on a truck that
is a daily Driver in the city and highway and once in a while speeds ? I want that good smooth ride but that don't nose dive or tilt on cornering cause the ones I have now are stock works well but are the OEM from 2002 so you know they are worn out. I don't haul nothing or carry any heavy stuff but I do WOT many times . Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have Bilstein 5100 shocks on my truck and I'm really pleased with them. They can pretty much handle anything on or off road. You could also look at the bilstein HD's I've heard good things about them too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good Question

Good Question. I have been pondering the same since I bought mine. I go 4x4ing in the summer and city driving mostly. I get a bouncing in the back of the truck when I hit certain stretches of highway. Only on the concrete portions of the highway. I say good question cause I am about to purchase shocks brakes, and rotors all at one time. I have been asking around. I'm still skeptical.

Hope you get the right answer. I will let you know when I do.

RMT

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have Rancho RS5000s on my 02 that replaced the stockers about a year ago. No complaints about them. They are a bit stiff and may make the ride to rough for some but I love them, they are a bit more affordable as well.

RMT, as far as brakes go, I replaced my stock set up with a set of drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads from brakemotive on ebay. I have a bit more stopping power and in the year and a half or so I have no warped rotors, so Im happy with those as well. Just my recommendations from products I have tried.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts