DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I passionately hate the Uconnect system, especially here in Canada. Most of the functionality is unavailable (Uconnect Access isn't in Canada) and the nav component isn't worth the cost. I'm looking at replacing it with an aftermarket head unit, going through the Maestro IDatalink that's supposed to retain factory controls.

I'm wondering if anyone else on here has done this and if they can share their experience. Specifically, I have the 8.4" UConnect 5, and I want to know if it will retain the following:

-Climate controls
-Dual rear cameras (Backup and cargo cam)
-Built in Microphone (will the new system be able to use the existing build in hands free mic?)
-Steering wheel controls (cruise control and radio controls)

Are there any features that go missing?

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
I understand your hatred of Connect. I want to replace my radio with an aftermarket unit too. Some head units can have two cameras hooked up so you're good there. Steering wheel controls can be maintained as well. I have been wondering about the microphone as well. Hopefully someone who has done it can answer those last two questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.