DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
I wasn't aware that it was necessary to reprogram the fob after battery replacement. My understanding is that only the dealer can reprogram the key fobs. Possibly a locksmith can as well, but I'm just speculating on that. Take it to your dealership.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Battery is installed correctly. Using my iphone I tried remote start, remote lock and unlock, neither worked even though the phone reported the command had been sent. I don't believe its the key fob...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No functions work on the FOB at all. I notice that the FOB appears to be transmitting due to the red led lights up when any button is pushed. Just had the truck towed to the dealership...

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
No functions work on the FOB at all. I notice that the FOB appears to be transmitting due to the red led lights up when any button is pushed. Just had the truck towed to the dealership...
Hi dangerruss, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Key. Glad to hear you are working with your dealer for this concern. If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.
Rob
RamCares

Reactions: dangerruss

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Took a couple of days of troubleshooting but the problem turned out to be a wireless ignition module. They said they have never replaced one.... On the road again.....
Hi dangerruss, We're happy to hear that your concern has been resolved by the dealer. Should this or any other concerns return in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Rob
RamCares

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried to change the battery in the key on my 2014, but noticed that most of the contact pads on the underside of the rubber buttons had disappeared. They must have been there, but they were also very dirty looking, so don't know if it was the battery or the buttons. I ordered a replacement key housing on eBay so hopefully it will have all the contacts on the rubber button pad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.