DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 3500 ST. It came with power windows and door locks and 2 plain transponder keys and 1 door key.

I had the WIN module installed for keyless entry and remote starting. In the kit I got to new Forbik keys and they where programmed to start the truck. This rendered my 2 original transponder keys useless in starting the truck.

Can the 2 original transponder keys (no fob) be reprogrammed to start the truck??

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes they can be but dont be suprised if dealers tell they cant be. when i had my remote start installed they said couldnt. i insissted they could and even pointed out in the remote start instructions it says to try to reprogram them. the service manager called chrysler tech support and was told they could so he tried and sure enough they worked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep the dealer told me they could not be used again. Is there a way I can do it or will they need to be programmed with scanner tool at dealer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yep the dealer told me they could not be used again. Is there a way I can do it or will they need to be programmed with scanner tool at dealer.
Nope, the dealer has to do it. I just wish the dealers would get better training, instead of the customers having to train them.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Is it no longer possible to program the fobs using the two fobs and turn the key trick listed in the manual?

I've never tried this, but I think I recall seeing that it can be done, IF you already have 2 keys/ fobs. But then again I'm thinking it was a 3rd gen that I was reading about this...

Exco

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a 2011 Ram with the fobs, and I bought 2 extra transponder keys from eBay. I could not get the programming instructions to work, even though I had both fobs that came with the truck. I had to take the 2 transponder keys to the dealer and have them programmed (they also cut the keys to fit the door lock). Charged me $40 for the service.

Darin

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I had mine installed by my dealer they actually requested that I bring all my old ones in with me and they programmed the fobs with the new system so I have 4 all together now.

I think it just depends on who is knowledgeable and wants to take the time and trouble to provide for their customers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts