DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got myself an AeroTurbine 3030 muffler for my 2014 Ram 5.7. Ive heard the audiophillic arguments for & against resonators and I know where I stand there. However, I'm here to get some mechanical info on these suckers.

What kind of back pressure do these create? And do play any significant role in maintaining the longevity of one's engine? I dont want to run into expensive mechanical issues because I decided to take them off, so I need some facts or opinions on this matter. I want to take them off, but its gonna be actually bad for the truck I wont.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i have the same muffler on my truck and i just removed the resonators yesterday. i don't know how much back pressure it creates and i don't think its bad for the truck. The main purpose of the resonators is to decrease exhaust noise so i don't see how removing them will effect the engine

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The resonators are just for making your exhaust quiet. You can remove them with no ill effects.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
your interior resonance should be more prevalent as time goes (drone) but the 3030 has a nice aggressive tone (just too loud incab for my liking, I was a passenger in mine and could barely here myself think..comparatively speaking vs my setup)...I have long commutes daily and like to listen to v8 rhythmic tone, not a sound loud enough to make my ears ring when I reach destination...and with my dual cutouts, I choose when I want to "outloud" anyone else :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts