DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been searching for images of 1st gen interiors to get some ideas for my 83 d150.

The instrument bezel being so large and unique is stumping my creative juices. :thk:

Been looking at Speedhut gauges since they can be pretty customized....

I know I'm going graphite and blue on the inside, but as far as adding new gauges and other "perks" i thought it would be nice to see what others have been doing.

Plus I couldn't find a thread for people to show off their truck interiors, so two birds one stone!

Thanks in Advance!!
B.A.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is looking sharp!!

Are the door panels new or painted?

How do you like the bucket seats? That is something I have been considering - vs reupholstering the original seat. Call me old fashion but I am partial to the charm of the old-style bench seats.

Is that just a cover on the steering wheel or is it a wrap? Was thinking of a leather or rawhide wrap for mine.

I will post some of my current interior pictures (Warning: Its scary y'all) when I get home today.

Any one replaced the speedometer without modifying the bezel?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The dash and all are original. I used 2 cans or mate black. I love the bucket bench. My daily driver is an 01 1500 quad cab. I like the integrated seat belts. Now what I found is it did take modification the Gen 2 extended has a flat floor. Now the regular cab is raised like a gen1. Also some of the seats that are integrated have a module to control seat belts. That has to be wired for them to unlock and work. But now that's done it's so worth it to me. And if you wanted to change your speedo to white. LMC sells a kit to do it plus needle paint. And the steering wheel is a wrap. Soon to disappear.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice threads on the inside. I like the first glen trucks.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Nice threads on the inside. I like the first glen trucks.
thanks I'm going for a custom look with as many mopar parts as possible. Kinda retro look. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You would think. But the one thing I like is your truck is a manual. I love the hell out of that. My Gen 2 is a 5 speed. I don't know how many 2 wheel drive quad cabs where made with 5.2 and manual but I have 1.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
:smileup:Your truck looks like the same trim as my old goat. Custom with a slant. Or at least that's how it started. Of course mine has had a few alterations. The 6 is gone and so is the 908 slush box in favor of a 360 and 727. Headers with dual exhaust, inside of course. The body will stay white, with a twist a metallic clear coat. And a set of aluminum rims from 89 dodge dakota sport. Of course the motor and Trans where done before my dad bought it. Then it came to me. So he was told it was a 318 only when I started this update did I find it was a 360. And I have spent a lot of time correcting what the guy ether didn't do or do correctly. And he's passed away. Also if you click on the picture I posted it will take you to my photo bucket. I just uploaded a video of how she sounds now.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Look great! Dash came out looking incredible!!

I totally got side tracked this weekend. Planned on pulling the interior, and instead decided to replace the leaky valve cover gasket, which lead to finding a rats nest of spliced wires (from the Spark Control System) - said to hell with it and started prepping everything for pulling the engine out. Will be replacing the entire wire harness (Working on sourcing one as we speak). Funny how things snowball...... lol.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Dash is just duplicolor flat black interior paint. A little cleaning and light prep work. Tada black interior!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
My interior didn't take to long to get done. The hardest part was wiring seat belt module. As far as dropping your's there's lots of avenues. I know I'm doing 1 ton van control arms in front. Back is still undicided. But I'm looking for a 3" drop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you repainted the dash, did you take it out, or tape off the inside of the cab? Just curious, my tan panels are pretty ugly to me, and I like the black look better. I redid the whole interior of my Cobalt black with krylon fusion satin black paint.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Just tape and cleaned off dash and doors. Did do some light sanding on doors were it was chipped. Just took a couple of days and 2 cans. The duplicolor vinyl and plastic paint works well and what I used was a satin finish. It gave the appropriate aged look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts