DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a sneak peak at my current project. I got spyders, then to my dismay, found out that they are not that good. So before even putting them in my truck, I ripped them apart and started upgrading.

[/URL][/IMG]

I am adding TRS XB halos to replace the CCFL's as the CCFL's are not nearly as bright. I also purchased the retroquick kit which will be going in soon.

Now the fogs were a different animal. As you probably know, you have to cut the housing in order for the projectors to fit.

[/URL][/IMG]

Now, I had help from someone, and what he did was cut a rigid cup and set it up so the projector threads though that and sits against the back of the housing...

[/URL][/IMG]

What this does is allow movement of the projector so I can align it. When I get the projector where I want it I can tighten the thread on the cup and then put some beads of JB Weld to hold it. Then I can remove the cup and give it a foll dose of JB weld to seal and hold it securely.

I will try to get more pics up as I progress. I am hoping to have the fogs done this weekend, but I am still waiting on the halos for the headlights.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
So far so good! I got Spyder heads as well and was impressed right up to the point when I actually turned them on and hit the road. Luckily, I put HID's in my fogs, so they make up for the lack of output from the heads.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
38 Posts
if i'm seeing the picture correctly......the fog projector is upside down. ;)

neat idea on the cup there too!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I had to pull them out of the fogs to put the shrouds on only to find out I have to cut the shrouds to get them to fit. This has been quite a learning experience, but fun being able to put my own spin on all the lighting. I am also having a problem having the MH1's seat in the headlights without having some movement...

·
Registered
38 Posts
what shrouds in the fogs? Mini gats fit with no trimming.......

I haven't messed with the MH1 / spyder plate yet - that should be pretty straight forward though, as the plate mounts between the bowl and lens, then uses the spyder mounts?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I haven't had a chance to check the rotation, but obviously this the retroquick kit allows fir up and down adjustment. It was a very snug fit so I am hoping that the rotation is spot on.

I just verified that I did get the mini gats, but they are hitting the top of the fog housing. I am going to have to notch the top of the shroud to get it to fit, but it will fill up th housing perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts