DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 2 JL Audio 10" Subs that I pulled from my old car that I would really like to stick in the underseat storage in my 2014 1500. Ill take sound over space any day here. So I have a couple questions regarding that.

1: Can the stock stereo power two 10" subs or do I need to find a spot for my amp too?
2: How difficult/what are the required steps/materials needed to add the subs to the stock sound system.

I see this little wiring harness thing under the passenger side rear seat and I'm wondering what its for exactly. Has anyone installed subs in their 2014 Ram?

·
Registered
208 Posts
yes you need an amp.

not difficult to add - there are some good youtube videos that are worth looking at (just search for ram 1500 subwoofers). you didn't say if you have the 8.4Uconnect or not; so you'll either have an RCA out jack, or you'll need a LOC (line out converter). still, grand scheme it is not a difficult task.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
So I have 2 JL Audio 10" Subs that I pulled from my old car that I would really like to stick in the underseat storage in my 2014 1500. Ill take sound over space any day here. So I have a couple questions regarding that.

1: Can the stock stereo power two 10" subs or do I need to find a spot for my amp too?
2: How difficult/what are the required steps/materials needed to add the subs to the stock sound system.

I see this little wiring harness thing under the passenger side rear seat and I'm wondering what its for exactly. Has anyone installed subs in their 2014 Ram?
I installed one 10 in sub and amp under the rear drivers side seat. I already have the factory alpine sub under the rear passenger side seat. Real solid bass. I may remove factory sub and install another 10 inch in the spring. Real simple install. I have also upgraded dash and rear door 6x9.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the UConnect 5.0 so will I have to rip the dash apart to get my sub plugged into it? Im getting the truck tomorrow and wont be doing this till the spring when Calgary's grumpy winter ****s off and I can do this without freezing to death. Until then I'll just enjoy driving something that isn't a 2001 Cavalier lol.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I have the UConnect 5.0 so will I have to rip the dash apart to get my sub plugged into it? Im getting the truck tomorrow and wont be doing this till the spring when Calgary's grumpy winter ****s off and I can do this without freezing to death. Until then I'll just enjoy driving something that isn't a 2001 Cavalier lol.
Not sure about UConnect 5.0, mine is the 8.4 AN, and had the sub connections under the rear seat. You should be able to tie in the rear speakers with a high/low impedance adapter input. I have hooked up many subs using the and also using the low output rca, didn`t notice any degredation to sound quality. Not sure if your system has an amp or not to tie into the rca connections.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the crappy base stereo and had an LOC installed in the dash and an amp installed under the driver's seat. I'm going to build a sub enclosure and use an old sub I have and put it under the driver's side of the rear seat.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the crappy base stereo and had an LOC installed in the dash and an amp installed under the driver's seat. I'm going to build a sub enclosure and use an old sub I have and put it under the driver's side of the rear seat.
Do you need a separate power source for the loc or does it run off the speaker wires?

·
Registered
144 Posts
The LOC I got powers on when it senses a signal coming from the speakers which is why I got it. I didn't want to have to tap into a line that turns off when the car is off. It was much easier that way. It was the PAC SOEM-T. I got a 12 inch sub to fit under the rear seat. I used plywood and cut the hole out and got it to fit pretty snug and sealed. It barely touches the underside of the rear seat. So far it sounds pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts