DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
We are now Offering BILLET CATCH CANS in 3 FLAVORS, SATIN , Polished, and Black.

We currently have 10 SATIN, and 2 Polished on hand, we have 5 Blacks ordered.

These are going to be onsale during the introductory period for $114.99. These are very similar to all the other Billet products out there however it doesn't have any fancy logos Stamped on it, for this reason we are able to offer great deals on a limited quantity, once these are gone the prices are going to to back up to $119.99
Black is an additional $20!!

These come with the bracket/hose and catch can, everything you need for install.

If you would like to order one we will have them loaded in the site within the next few days, however they are on hand and shipping we can always send you an electronic invoice via email that can be payed with Paypal, Visa, MC, or Discover. Of you can call in and place the order over the phone at 855-432-3278

They are now up on the Website purchase them here> Billet Catch Cans

Black Billet Catch Cans now available check them out!

BP's Billet Black Catch Can

These are here and ready to ship we have 11 in stock do not miss out!

Here are a few pics of the Catch Cans

Couple of pics of our catch can installed, and oil caught after about 350 miles or so (maybe a little less) PLEASE EXCUSE THE DIRTY ENGINE BAY :LOL: and fingerprints on the can took the pic after I emptied it and put it back together instead of before :doh:

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
Good! I'm getting tired of the damned pop-up from some jack-wad named jhinkle that keeps asking me if I need assistance! And you had better have prochargers on there soon! I want one in July :pepper:
create an account and log in when you come to the site then I will know who you are and won't message you :LOL: I am trying to get on with procharger it is kind of a PITA though, however they are only 45 minutes away so I may just go give them a visit :smileup:

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
What is the purpose of the catch can exactly? (Other than adding something shiny under the hood, that is?) :D
Basically wondering if this is something I need to get for my truck, seeing as how so many people have it..

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
What is the purpose of the catch can exactly? (Other than adding something shiny under the hood, that is?) :D
Basically wondering if this is something I need to get for my truck, seeing as how so many people have it..
It is developed to eliminate oil from entering your intake by engine blow-by, which channels oil and trash into your direct air stream from the valve train. This is a common problem on both brand new performance and especially older engines, which just suffer more from blow by due to wear and tear.
The most common problem is making your car emit light blueish white smoke upon start up or even during normal driving. The throttle body handles your main air stream and has a breather tube running from the crankcase to the throttle body. The vacuum from the incoming airstream and positive pressure in the crankcase combine to get oil in the air tract.
Every car and vehicle is set up this way to help eliminate the pressure build-up in the bottom end of your engine enabling the piston to move up and down with less resistance.
Catch cans feature a containment system and separator that force all the debris to get captured and contained in the filter while still allowing airflow thus maintaining full function of the breather system.
Another key problem caused by oil in the intake is that it reduces the octane of your fuel and causes detonation especially in turbo, supercharger and nitrous applications.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discount Auto... Can you give me the exact model number or part number for the catch can. your website link (in previous post in this thread) links to ones that say will only fit a 2009 2010.
I have a 2013 Ram Sport Crew 4x4 and would like to buy the catch can for it.

thanks.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discount Auto... Can you give me the exact model number or part number for the catch can. your website link (in previous post in this thread) links to ones that say will only fit a 2009 2010.

thanks.
Cowboy,
It's the exact same one. We need to change the years applicable.
As long as you don't have the 8 speed and have he 6 speed Hemi, it's the same from 09-13

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

thanks.
the only catch can we have for the 2013's with the 8 speed is a universal can made by Moroso, the reason it works with the 13's is because it can be mounted just about anywhere. 85472 is the part number and here is the link http://discountautoperformance.com/moroso-polished-aluminum-catch-can-85472-258.html

·
Registered
348 Posts
just placed my order for a satin can, i really wanted black but didnt want the wait for the next run of them.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
It is developed to eliminate oil from entering your intake by engine blow-by, which channels oil and trash into your direct air stream from the valve train. This is a common problem on both brand new performance and especially older engines, which just suffer more from blow by due to wear and tear.
The most common problem is making your car emit light blueish white smoke upon start up or even during normal driving. The throttle body handles your main air stream and has a breather tube running from the crankcase to the throttle body. The vacuum from the incoming airstream and positive pressure in the crankcase combine to get oil in the air tract.
Every car and vehicle is set up this way to help eliminate the pressure build-up in the bottom end of your engine enabling the piston to move up and down with less resistance.
Catch cans feature a containment system and separator that force all the debris to get captured and contained in the filter while still allowing airflow thus maintaining full function of the breather system.
Another key problem caused by oil in the intake is that it reduces the octane of your fuel and causes detonation especially in turbo, supercharger and nitrous applications.
Wow. Thanks for the very detailed description! :Wow1:
Can I bother you for your personal opinion? I understand what it does and the purpose that it serves now, but.. is this something that I need to take the time to nag my hubby about getting? lol Or will my Ram be OK without it? More personal preference, if you will.. :4-dontknow:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts