DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2012 BigHorn with an RHB radio. I installed the OEM camera kit myself back a couple of years ago. I had the dealer flash the sales code and the camera has worked fine ever since...or so I thought. I've never had the need, until this spring, to use the camera delay. So when in reverse I get the video just fine. When I shift from reverse to drive I get a black screen with a red X in the top right corner (no video). If I turn the camera delay off in settings, when going to drive from reverse I get no black screen and no video as would be expected.

I reviewed the installation instructions a bunch of times and I do not think that I've missed any steps in my installation.

My question is this....Is the backup camera delay option something that has to be enabled by the dealer? Could there be something that they missed when they flashed the sales code to enable the camera delay feature?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Have you updated your radio with the latest software version 50.xx.xx? This may be your problem for the delay and screen problem. https://navrepair.com/pages/downloads

Everything should built/programmed into the radio already, activating the with the sales code gives you access to it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hi All,

My question is this....Is the backup camera delay option something that has to be enabled by the dealer? Could there be something that they missed when they flashed the sales code to enable the camera delay feature?

Thanks,
Scott
Hi. I've never installed any updates on my truck but yet the delay works as expected. You might get a faster answer by just calling the dealer and asking them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
by chance did you wire the camera to constant power like OEM setup or to a reverse light. i had that happen to me and the camera shut off but the radio was still displaying the signal. my 2¢

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
by chance did you wire the camera to constant power like OEM setup or to a reverse light. i had that happen to me and the camera shut off but the radio was still displaying the signal. my 2¢

Thanks for the reply Kevin...You wouldn't happen to remember the wire color for the constant power source would you? I'm 95% sure I used the white/red wire to splice into which was the reverse signal on the TIPM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts