DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i recently bought a RHB 430N radio used it was working be4 i bought it i installed it in my truck today and the radio is dead no lights no sound no image on the screen ??? is this because i did not have the dealership re-configure my truck for this radio???

please help

thanks

·
Registered
917 Posts
Make sure that the radio is High Buss Speed. I have done a mistake to buy a low speed bus RBZ before, low buss won't work on Ram. Google your radio Part# and you going to find out info on it. look this web site http://www.oemautopartsco.com/ enter you truck info and see some compatible models for dodge ram.

·
Banned
437 Posts
My understanding is that adding a factory option to an existing truck, even if it was offered on that model, has to be enabled by connection to a dealer's computer. Supposedly, this is to make theft of things like radios and nav systems harder for thieves. Check with your dealer. He may ask you to prove where you got the radio from and/or he may charge you to reprogram your truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.