DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the stock Duratracs with 295-70-17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Reduced the pressure 5 psi in all tires. So far the biggest difference is sound - the Nittos are extremely quiet. More to come after more miles.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
How many miles did you get out of the duratracs and how did they perform for you? Why did you decide to go with the nitto's? Does your truck see much off road or mainly paved roads?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had 38K miles on Duratracs, 99% paved roads. They worked very well, a little noisy at highway speeds. Had a puncture near the edge which was plugged but I was nervous about it so I went for the change. Could probably have gotten a few thousand more miles out of them.

I do very little off roading, so I don't really need a pure mud tire. The Ridge Grapplers are the next step up without going all the way to a straight AT tire. So far I'm happy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Had 38K miles on Duratracs, 99% paved roads. They worked very well, a little noisy at highway speeds. Had a puncture near the edge which was plugged but I was nervous about it so I went for the change. Could probably have gotten a few thousand more miles out of them.

I do very little off roading, so I don't really need a pure mud tire. The Ridge Grapplers are the next step up without going all the way to a straight AT tire. So far I'm happy.
I find all goodyear tires overrated and noisy(my 15' challenger scatpack has good years as well)and theyre very noisy on the highway,same as my duratracs.:smiledown:

·
Registered
107 Posts
8,000 miles only on my predominately gravel roads. Constant flat tires! Rocks punched through tread. Switched to BFG Its and am very happy. Nary a flat yet in 7,000 miles so far

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
How are your new tires doing so far?

·
Registered
107 Posts
The tread on my BFG KO2s still looks fresh with 8K on them. Still no flats. The Duratracs were junk after the same amount of usage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts