DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it seems the MI DOT salt program finally got me, I am curious as to whether anyone else has seen this prob...

Key off, 4 ways operate normally outside, however, inside, the instrument lights flash exactly in time to the outside lamps. when the parking lights/headlights are added, the 4 ways flash once, then inside turn signal indicators both come on steady, but dim, and outside lights go steady, as well.

Key on, right signal turned on, all 4 outside lights blink extremely fast, right brighter than left. both front and rear. When parking/ headlights are added, right side lights go steady, and the left side parking/tail lights come on, as they should .

Left turn signal operates normally in all configurations...

No hoppy plugs for trailering currently installed. all bulbs tested and known good, no corrosion in bulb sockets... All I can figure is ground, kinda acts like a trailer with a bad ground. Anyone know where these lights ground at?? Haven't seen this kind of grief with this kind of light bulb before, if it had bayonet type bulbs, I'd solder grounds onto the sockets, can't do this with these new plug in bulb sockets... Any advice is welcomed, Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
I'd try a double alligator clip temp ground from the bed to the frame and then try it. If it works okay just add a permanent ground with a 1/4 inch self tapping screw to the bed and find a ground bolt on the frame.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There are only three wires in the 3157 factory plug. The all black one is the ground. I just shortened all my bed wiring for looks.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, thanks guys, I'm puttin in a lot of hours right now, and not a lotta time to fool around with wiring, I am particularly after the rear pass side ground, and with 'ol man winter dying, it's not exactly a great time for screwing around beneath a dripping pickup truck. I shall report my findings, prob. Sunday PM...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts