DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok went through the whole BS of ordering rims, XD Mosters 22x9.5 +18 offset, called and tripled check before ordering they would fit, they said yes in 22s its the only one that will fit my 2009 ram with 6" procomp lift, the - offset inn 22s would fit but a lot of modifying would need to be done to get turning clearence etc. Anyways the rim is @ 1/2" from the mounting surface and it is hitting the control arm/spindle(what ever its called)............So long story short, I dropped the rims and tires off at local 4x4 shop this past friday so they could mount tires and they would install today, go there and run into this, so my first thought was screw it ill return them, WRONG, they threw my boxs away and wheel pros wont take them back due to that.....

SOooooooooo, its 3 options,
Option 1. Run 1/2" spacer
Option 2. Get 1.5" adapter
Option 3. grind the living crap out of spindle and use 1/4" spacer, spindle is THICK, @1.5" thick on this procomp, and this is what the 4x4 shop suggested

Need ideas

***Rant**** these trucks are a pain in the butt for wheels, you think the lift companys would of came out with something better to acomodate larger wheels

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
from what I have been reading negative offset/ less back space meens the wheel is pushed out further and a way from the control arms, but I could be wrong is it still confuses me a little bit... I deffinetly wouldnt try grinding anything though...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the issue is they only offered two offsets in these rims, acording to wheel pros(kmc) plus 18 was the way to go , the other option is -44 and they said it would stick out almost 4" and plus would have to hack up my truck to be able to turn

·
Registered
180 Posts
Terrible! Went thru the same thing. Wanted to rip my hair out. Positive offsets are killers for bigger tires because the rim gets sucked inward and tends to hit suspension parts, etc.... Dont grind or cut anything.....may regret it and cost U more $$$$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts