DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok went through the whole BS of ordering rims, XD Mosters 22x9.5 +18 offset, called and tripled check before ordering they would fit, they said yes in 22s its the only one that will fit my 2009 ram with 6" procomp lift, the - offset inn 22s would fit but a lot of modifying would need to be done to get turning clearence etc. Anyways the rim is @ 1/2" from the mounting surface and it is hitting the control arm/spindle(what ever its called)............So long story short, I dropped the rims and tires off at local 4x4 shop this past friday so they could mount tires and they would install today, go there and run into this, so my first thought was screw it ill return them, WRONG, they threw my boxs away and wheel pros wont take them back due to that.....

SOooooooooo, its 3 options,
Option 1. Run 1/2" spacer
Option 2. Get 1.5" adapter
Option 3. grind the living crap out of spindle and use 1/4" spacer, spindle is THICK, @1.5" thick on this procomp, and this is what the 4x4 shop suggested

Need ideas

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just run a 1/2 spacer should be fine as long as you are not using the huge spacers.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Find yourself a set of hub centric wheel spacers with pressed in studs. I think the truck would look better with the 1" spacer and lift (vs 1/4" and grinding). Ive heard good stuff about Spidertrax spacers. Or check out the vendors on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts