DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unconnected wifi =Uconnect wifi (spell check)

Started our road trip today with 2500 miles on the odometer. Going from Florida to Kentucky, then Ohio, and back down with a stop in North Carolina. Uconnect wifi is doing the job, but not that fast... I should do a test. Fast enough for surfing, but not sure about streaming video.

Wife was regretting the drive, but now she's enjoying it. Son has made a fort in the large back seat area. Seats are folded up and the flat floor boards are pretty strong for support.

Love this truck.

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. This is the Uconnect wifi. I paid for 1 week for the road trip. It works well enough, but can't get App Store, or high bandwidth items...

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
some places you will get 4G speeds, at others it may be 2G
I have an older version of the WiFi router w/ Verizon as a provider
I can give several others parked around me internet on their laptops
as long as they are within 100 feet +

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is there a data usage limit, or, is it only a time purchased type limit?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
some places you will get 4G speeds, at others it may be 2G
I have an older version of the WiFi router w/ Verizon as a provider
I can give several others parked around me internet on their laptops
as long as they are within 100 feet +
The 2013 UConnect Wifi is 3G only & uses the Sprint network. No 4G available.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We've returned from the road trip. The truck was great. The Uconnect wifi was worth it, because slow access is better than nothing. Out in the hills/mountains/country it was noticeably worse, or useless. When it worked, it was good enough to get things done. My son was watching youtube in the back, but would complain from time to time... I only did the "When I was your age..." story once.

Bottom line, I would buy it again for the next road trip, but I'm glad I don't have to rely on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have about 6gigs on my data plan. I just turn on my hotspot on my iphone and ppl connect to that and stream off it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts