DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a chip on the bottom of my box where it meets the cab on the passenger side

Its right thru to metal.

I recieved a paint pen from the dealership to match my truck.

Any advice before i clean the area and apply this?

I live .75 km from the pacific ocean, and also an considering a corrosion protection product of some sort.

Any advice or suggestions?

Pictures attatched or to follow

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wipe the area down with Rubbing Alcohol to clean the area and slowly build up the paint using the OEM Touch up. It will take a few applications

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
If i lived close to the ocean or where it was a wetter climate, i would definitely be getting the underside of the vehicle sprayed with either a good paint or undercoating
Ram only paints what can be seen without looking at the bottom of the vehicle, anything underneath only receives some over spray.
When they paint the body parts, it is not mounted to any frame or chassis parts

This is my 2016 Ram bed that is currently off of the Ram, the area is near the fueling door

·
Registered
326 Posts
I live on a peninsula in Florida.
To quote Jimmy Buffett "the salt air it ain't thin, it will stick right to your skin..."

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've used a product called Dr.Colorchip. It fills in the chip similar to filling something with sheetrock compound. It only fills the chip. not a big ugly blob of paint. They have exact color matches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts